Author Topic: Add whole Artist, Album, or Genre to Playlist without selecting individual track  (Read 10528 times)

jtoz

Re: Add whole Artist, Album, or Genre to Playlist without selecting individual track
I can do that
---Yes, but only to the Now Playing List I think.  I have no problem with that.  If by Playlist, you mean Now Playing List, the one you queue up in MB to be played right now, then yes, I can do that. 

But like you, I cannot drag the whole thing to one of my many other playlists (something you can do independently of your Now Playing list).  Yes, it only takes a few clicks in some cases, but say for instance I want to add a bunch of Miles Davis albums to my playlist, 'Joe', but don't want to add the whole discography.  I currently view Album as the 3rd column in my track browser and would like to be able to [hold-down-Ctrl-left-click] 5 or so album names I'd like in 'Joe' playlist without having to find them in amongst the hundreds of other tracks under Miles Davis.   Would be much easier to just drag those 5 album names to 'Joe'.  If you still have iTunes (which I hate to keep referring to), you can do just that.  So hopefully the wish makes sense.
Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 07:59:59 AM by jtoz

Steven

• Administrator
i had already added support for dragging from the track browser, but i see in the case of dragging into a playlist its not working for some reason so i will fix that

jtoz

thanks Steven.  if it works, I will want for nothing more in this music player.  every improvement thereafter will be icing on the cake  ;D.

boroda

Sarge, how do you do this without selecting tracks in track list? ;) Explain please step by step.

jtoz

Wow, that was quick.  Awesome!  :D.  Works perfectly.  Exactly what I was talking about.  Thanks Steven! (and thanks VX for the backup - relieved to see that I wasn't the only one who would find this useful).  Never thought I'd be so happy about dragging and dropping something.

jtoz

No problem Sarge.  Your efforts are much appreciated anyway  :).  This really is a great forum. Amazing how a small niggling (but nonetheless important) issue for me was resolved within 24 hours!
Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:26:01 AM by jtoz

jtoz

Just an FYI:

I actually downloaded the most recent update v1.2.4103 before I saw Steven's link above in this thread, but didn't test for this feature (didn't know it was fixed @ the time).  So then I used the link in this thread, and although the feature I wanted worked, it seemed (maybe by some fluke) that the artist display information (in a tab in my case) was giving me a blank screen.  To test, I then went back to v 1.2.4103 and found that the artist information displayed as normal AND my drag-to-playlist feature worked as well.  So I can only conclude that v 1.2.4103 is the best one to be using now (looks like my request made it in time for today's build).  But again, could all have been a fluke or some random error, so may not be worth worrying about.
Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:01:07 AM by jtoz