Author Topic: Search for playlist (name)  (Read 1414 times)

chrisdivine

I have a lot of playlists in many folders. I miss a possibility to search the name of a playlist e.g. in pl explorer view.
A possibility to lock playlists would be nice , too.
Greets!

phred

• Global Moderator
What do you mean by locking playlists? If it's a static playlist, nothing gets added or removed unless you manually add or remove.
If it's an auto-playlist, it can't be locked (or shouldn't be locked) because that defeats the purpose of it being an auto-playlist.

Please explain your first statement as I really can't make much sense of it. Where do you want to search for the playlist? Are you searching for a playlist or for a track within a playlist?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

chrisdivine

What do you mean by locking playlists? If it's a static playlist, nothing gets added or removed unless you manually add or remove.
If it's an auto-playlist, it can't be locked (or shouldn't be locked) because that defeats the purpose of it being an auto-playlist.

Please explain your first statement as I really can't make much sense of it. Where do you want to search for the playlist? Are you searching for a playlist or for a track within a playlist?

hi phred!
1. everybody makes mistakes. I want to lock/save regular playlist inside mb from being changed/modified/deleted/moved.
2. I have about 300 regular and auto playlists in different folders and sub folders. Sometimes I am looking for a certain pl but cannot find it. In this case it would be helpful to get supported by the app. The build in search should be able to search for playlists and show the path.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for clarifying.

As for #1, the only way a playlist, or the songs within it, can be changed, modified, deleted, or moved is if you manually do it. Or, as you say, make a mistake and change, modify, delete, or move it accidentally. So I agree that a lock could be helpful.

For #2, the playlists are sorted alphabetically. You know the name of the playlist you're looking for, but don't want to scroll down to find it. Is that correct? I have 80+ playlists and don't find the scrolling to be an issue. But I can see how it might be with 300.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

chrisdivine

Thanks for clarifying.

For #2, the playlists are sorted alphabetically. You know the name of the playlist you're looking for, but don't want to scroll down to find it. Is that correct? I have 80+ playlists and don't find the scrolling to be an issue. But I can see how it might be with 300.

Please do not think I am 2 lazy 2 scroll down!  ;D
As I wrote my Playlist are in many folders and subfolders. Within these folders they are sorted, but I have 2 open up 15 or more folders to find a specific playlist. That could be easier!?

Steven

• Administrator
for the next update of v3.4 alpha, i have added the ability to search playlist names in the Playlists tab only - its not implemented in the left sidebar navigator.
The search panel is opened by typing text into the playlist names panel or clicking the header bar/ Search.
In v3.4 there is already a Lock playlist feature.
Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 09:43:21 AM by Steven

chrisdivine

for the next update of v3.4 alpha, i have added the ability to search playlist names in the Playlists tab only - its not implemented in the left sidebar navigator.
The search panel is opened by typing text into the playlist names panel or clicking the header bar/ Search.
In v3.4 there is already a Lock playlist feature.

Thanks Steven!
GREAT