Author Topic: Alphabeticalise  (Read 3243 times)

frankz

I think he's saying he's doing it outside MB in Audacity.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

I got that, but he said yes when I asked if he was using Renumber Tracks, only to mention Audacity. Seems to be a miscommunication there.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

glovenet

I got that, but he said yes when I asked if he was using Renumber Tracks, only to mention Audacity. Seems to be a miscommunication there.

OK, I tried Renumber Tracks. Highlighted an album with 20 tracks in it, not in alphabetical order. Clicked on Renumber Tracks and the list of songs went into it, numbered it's true but still not in alphabetical order. Can't find any way of changing the numbers the way I want it. So that is why I use Audacity to number the tracks manually, then put them into MusicBee. So far it works though time-consuming. I've been all over the various controls in MusicBee to find a way of automatically alphabeticalising my album tracks but nothing. At least it gives me something to do during this virus lockdown!!

phred

• Global Moderator
I've been all over the various controls in MusicBee to find a way of automatically alphabeticalising my album tracks but nothing. At least it gives me something to do during this virus lockdown!!
Using 'tracks' view click on title and the list is sorted by alpha. Then run the renumber tool and it should apply the track numbers in the order that your tracks are sorted.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

glovenet

I've been all over the various controls in MusicBee to find a way of automatically alphabeticalising my album tracks but nothing. At least it gives me something to do during this virus lockdown!!
Using 'tracks' view click on title and the list is sorted by alpha. Then run the renumber tool and it should apply the track numbers in the order that your tracks are sorted.
Tracks view? what do you mean by that? I have no idea what you mean! I need a specific place to go to.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

phred

• Global Moderator
Tracks view? what do you mean by that? I have no idea what you mean! I need a specific place to go to.
If you don't know what tracks view is, how do you view your music? If you don't know what it's called, please post a screenshot.
I also suggest you spend some time with the Wiki. Starting with The Anatomy of MusicBee
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here