Author Topic: Fluenx Dark - HiDPI Supported  (Read 28951 times)

coldhanded

It is, these days:
Interesting, I may do this later then. Is it possible to do the same thing for the stop button?

I am able to hide the button with an xml however as stated in hiccups post I need the other elementids to be adjusted accordingly. Would you be able to share those?

diego

I am able to hide the button with an xml however as stated in hiccups post I need the other elementids to be adjusted accordingly. Would you be able to share those?

https://github.com/diego-pvlk/mb-skins/blob/a83bf7c0556c60ae9ebd80dd76d5d9711ca2354c/Fluenx%20Dark/skin.xml#L219-L221

I don't remember how to do it. You probably need to create a new one with the id "LastFmButton" and replace with "EqualiserButton".
I do not have a proper setup to test that, so you're on your own.

hiccup

To keep all the buttons and other elements in the correct position when you have the scrobble button hidden:

In the skin.xml, find the element for TrackLove, and replace the line that positions it to this:

Code
<element id="TrackLove" parent="TrackInfoPanel">
  <left relativeTo="EqualiserButton.Left" offset="-73" />
Also, at the bottom of the xml, replace the replacement line for TrackLove with this one:

Code
<replacementElement id="TrackLove" replaceWith="LastFmButton.Right" offsetAdjustment="0" />
(it's currently not technically possible to regain the space that was used by the scrobble button by moving the elements on the left of it a bit to the right)

coldhanded

Thank you for the detailed info hiccup I followed your post however it seems the wavebar now overlaps with the right buttons

I feel at this point I may just have to settle with having the lastfm button there as I would rather not change skins. Unless one of you kind souls would care to take a crack at it?

hiccup

You can probably solve that by copying everything that is in the skin.xml to the skin_wavebar.xml so that they are identical.
Except: the only thing you have to add to the skin_wavebar.xml that is not in the skin.xml is the WaveBar element (5 lines).
Place that at the bottom, right above the replacement elements.

coldhanded

SkinCreator throws this error when trying to compile with the wavebar elements in the skin.xml

I also tried adding everything in the skin.xml to the wavebar.xml but the overlapping still occurs.
Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 07:43:33 PM by coldhanded

hiccup

Except: the only thing you have to add to the skin_wavebar.xml that is not in the skin.xml is the WaveBar element (5 lines).

coldhanded

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this? The wavebar element lines are in the skin_wavebar.xml. When I add them to the skin.xml I get the error I mentioned above.

hiccup

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this? The wavebar element lines are in the skin_wavebar.xml. When I add them to the skin.xml I get the error I mentioned above.
The wavebar element should NOT be in the skin.xml

I feel a bit uncomfortable (and guilty) of being part of turning Diego's skin topic into some skinning course.
If you have further questions or challenges with this, it's probably better to continue in the Developer's area > Skins board.

hiccup

It's all good hiccup =)
Good to know ;-)

But I am kind of a stickler where it concerns forum etiquette and putting things where they belong, and I realised I was breaking my own unwritten 'rules'.
(probably not the first time, haha)

Anyway, I see coldhanded created a nice and to-the-point new topic on the matter.
I'm sure it will get proper answers that will solve the matter, and additionally might be informative to other users/aspiring skinners too.

diego

I updated the skin files to support hiding the "last.fm" button, thanks to @ZINHAR for the help!
Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 05:28:31 PM by diego

iCrispy

Hello! Long time fan of this skin after going through so many a year ago!! However, would you or have you done a light skin of this variation or would you point to a similar skin for day time?

I live in Alaska, and the sun doesn't come down until 11:40 at night right now, but even then it'll stay daylight for another hour or two. Fantastic for winter tho, as we'd only get sun for 2 hours in the thick of it.

Thanks for your work btw!

diego

Hello! Long time fan of this skin after going through so many a year ago!! However, would you or have you done a light skin of this variation or would you point to a similar skin for day time?

I live in Alaska, and the sun doesn't come down until 11:40 at night right now, but even then it'll stay daylight for another hour or two. Fantastic for winter tho, as we'd only get sun for 2 hours in the thick of it.

Thanks for your work btw!

I didn't make a light skin and don't plan to make one, sorry. But if I was to make one, the colors would probably look like the skin on the main page. I don't know which skin is that thought.

phred

• Global Moderator
But if I was to make one, the colors would probably look like the skin on the main page. I don't know which skin is that thought.
The skin on the MB website home page is Monaural.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here