Author Topic: MetroStyle by beistrich  (Read 26216 times)

VX

Beistrich, I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. I haven't created any skin by myself, co I can't tell what line in the skin file You should change to achieve the desired effect.
There are a few very talented skin Creators on the forum, that are helpful and eager to share their impressive knowledge and experience with others. Have a look at Rotem's Skinning guides. In fact there wouldn't be so many good looking skins for MB without it (Thanks Rotem btw).

jackuars

Make the volume slider line( not the bar) to pink colour too  :) it would be better, as for now it can't be seen ! Also only the finished portion of the progress bar should be in pink, the rest should be in another colour probably white.

And great skin beistrich !just beautiful

Diana
Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:01:31 PM by jackuars

beistrich

Updated!
Changes: More consistency in menus and some other small refinements. More beautiful mini player,side player and progress bar

New file is in the first post
Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:56:13 PM by beistrich

VX

Thank you very much for the update, Beistrich  :) Now the skin is much more consistent. I like all the changes (especially those in mini player), except one:
 IMHO, the Artwork View in Main Panel looked a little softly, the light grey background seems better when you have a few Covers with white background and the black signatures below the covers are easier to read (the pink ones might be a little garish). My suggestion is to restore the previous look (from Smooth Grey), but use pink instead of grey as a colour for frames that surround the SELECTED covers (as pink differs better on the grey background).

The expressions in Tagging Tools are hardly visible (as it was shown on the screenshot) and the buttons are still surrounded with light blue frames when hovered over, but these are rather minor issues.

When you select a element in Library Explorer on the left is grey, whereas pink is widely used for selection in different places (that's a bit inconsistent).

Otherwise, the skin is great  :) Thank you very much once again  :)

Steven

• Administrator
i should mention in the last update i posted there are 2 new elements to override the default colours around selected albums:
Content[Artwork].Body.Highlight bg=
Content[Artwork].Body.Lowlight bg=

here is the link
http://www.mediafire.com/?4lplcboc9ndrzp1

beistrich

Thank you very much for the update, Beistrich  :) Now the skin is much more consistent. I like all the changes (especially those in mini player), except one:
 IMHO, the Artwork View in Main Panel looked a little softly, the light grey background seems better when you have a few Covers with white background and the black signatures below the covers are easier to read (the pink ones might be a little garish). My suggestion is to restore the previous look (from Smooth Grey), but use pink instead of grey as a colour for frames that surround the SELECTED covers (as pink differs better on the grey background).

The expressions in Tagging Tools are hardly visible (as it was shown on the screenshot) and the buttons are still surrounded with light blue frames when hovered over, but these are rather minor issues.

When you select a element in Library Explorer on the left is grey, whereas pink is widely used for selection in different places (that's a bit inconsistent).

Otherwise, the skin is great  :) Thank you very much once again  :)

ok i agree :-), but can anyone tell me how i get this "Tagging Tools" you mention? I think I'm not that familiar with the UI right now...
To the light blue frames i have to admit that i haven't found the right element to change, I'm still searching.  ::)

I will also try the mentioned changes in the Artwork View.

I'll also try Stevens new elements

thanks

Steven

• Administrator
tagging tools is Tools from the main menu/ Tagging Tools and choose one of the Show Files ... items

Sarge

When you go to Menu >Tools  >Tagging Tools > Show files missing..blah blah blah
And you get that drop down similar to the A-Z bar. you can now change the text colors (overwrite) with Stevens new elements.
The only way to change before was it gets it's text color from the "Drop Down Menu"
his new element works well

beistrich....you can also do what I did and take your skin and use some odd colors that don't fit the skin and add to elements you're not sure of, that way you get familiar with them' It's how I created the WTF skin.   (a pure masterpiece of Art)  ..............( I mean a big boat load of mistakes)
Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:04:17 PM by Sarge

Steven

• Administrator
i think the way you have done the player panel works much better now and its a great overall look

Sarge

Yeah! Updated, as best i could...
http://www.mediafire.com/?lsawowebyd1un1m
Nice job beistrich....I answered you in the other thread about the volumne slider color, here was my answer.

If you mean the actual SLOT that the volumne button slides in, that is controlled by

<element id="Player.Background" bg="255,255,255" bg2="252,184,11" fg="THIS ONE" bdr="40,68,7"

Sarge

I really like this skin beistrich... but in the track detail view, when you de-select a track it shows that it has a 5 star rating, when ratings are viewed..i see the problem here. at element 64..65.66..you have them written twice. delete 64-65 66 and paste this in there.

<!-- 64-->  <element id="Panel.StarRating.Default" fg="237,53,82" fg2="0,0,0" />
<!-- 65-->  <element id="Panel.StarRating.Highlight" fg="0,0,0" fg2="237,53,82" />
<!-- 66-->  <element id="Panel.StarRating.Lowlight" fg="237,53,82" fg2="210,210,210" />

it will then show the true rating of a de selected track