Author Topic: WIFI Sync won't work  (Read 3666 times)

railfan-eric28

I can't get wifi sync to work all a sudden.  I just got Android 10 on my S9+ the other day.  I went to sync earlier and it worked.   I went to add another playlist a few hours later and now it won't work.   I click the sync more button and it does nothing.   I cleared data and even uninstalled and reinstalled but it still won't try to sync.  I click the button and nothing.   I did update MB on the computer tonight before that happened but not sure if it's related.   Not sure if it's a network error.   I never had the button just not work.
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

frankz

Yes here too. It's been mentioned here numerous times. I've stopped trying to use it.

Here's a fun exercise in futility.  Go into the app settings and switch to internal storage.  Then run a preview.  Then go back and switch to SD card.  Then try to sync. It'll act like it's going to, but fail as if it doesn't have permission for the SD card (it does).

Steven

• Administrator
Yes here too. It's been mentioned here numerous times. I've stopped trying to use it.
Since upgrading to Android 10?

When I get a new computer setup I will look to create a debug version

railfan-eric28

yes.   I swear i synced this afternoon and it worked.   Then when i went back the app had went back to the screen where you select which music player you want and i had to reselect power amp.   and then tried and I can't remember what it did but then i clicked the back button then the android permissions came up to give the mSD card permission then I tried again and then the button wouldn't click to go to the next screen.   

Btw is it normal for the wifi app to reset itself and  need to select the sd card permissions and go to the screen where it says to do a wired sync first?  Then reselect the music app again on my phone and tablet it always did that every other time or every so often.   It's like it thinks it hadn't got done yet.  It's done this for the longest time.  It lets me do a wifi sync without doing another wired sync fortunately when that happens.   I think that's what happened this time but now it's messed up.   i even rebooted the phone. 
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

frankz

Yes. Strangely it worked a couple of times after the upgrade and then stopped. I cleared the app data, uninstalled rebooted the phone and reinstalled, and deleted and recreated the device profile, reapplying the SD card permission and trying each time through, but none of it worked.

railfan-eric28

Yes. Strangely it worked a couple of times after the upgrade and then stopped. I cleared the app data, uninstalled rebooted the phone and reinstalled, and deleted and recreated the device profile, reapplying the SD card permission and trying each time through, but none of it worked.

Dang that's crazy!  Something with the new Android update must have really borked the app. I wonder how many other apps got borked?

Steven

• Administrator
The good news is I have my new computer set up now and working with the Android build process. The bad (or hopefully eventually good) news is the wifi environment where I am only seems to support the ipv6 protocol which the sync app doesn't support - I guess that's the reason it doesn't work at all for some people. So hopefully I can resolve that and then see whats going wrong with Android 10

Steven

• Administrator
Are you guys using Internal Storage or an SD Card?

edit:
never mind - i figured it out at least for my device. Unfortunately a confusing dialog will need to be added to grant permissions to the internal storage or sd card
Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 10:32:19 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
I believe I have the issue resolved, however I wont be able to upload it to the alpha play store link until at least the middle of next week.
In the interim - anyone who is not on the Alpha release track, if you send your play store email I will add you

frankz

kid

Solved the issue, like posted in the other topic.

Steven

• Administrator
when prompted to give access to the SD Card, did it choose the right card (sd card vs. internal storage) and did it default to the root of the card in question, or did you have to navigate to the root folder yourself?

frankz

For me it went right to the root of the SD card with a big white "Grant SD Card Permission" (I think that was the text) button at the bottom.