Author Topic: Keyboard play/pause button inputs twice 1st time used after musicbee starts  (Read 2279 times)

MeeMeeMee

It's a minor convenience thing, no big deal:
I have a Logitech G610 keyboard (cherry mx brown, but that's besides the point) with physical/dedicated multimedia keys.
I noticed that after starting MM, when I hit the play/pause button, the playback starts for a fraction of a second and immediately stops as if the key press was registered twice. After that, pressing the button works as expected. I tried this multiple times, and It happens consistently, so I don't think it's a faulty physical button. It doesn't happen with another media (video) player I use, Daum PotPlayer, so I don't think it's a windows update thing that broke something - at least not consistently across all apps.

Maybe it's related to this issue? I don't know.

Edit: After answering phred's question below I noticed that in addition to this only happening once after starting MB, it only happens if MB is in focus. To recreate, I start MB, make sure it's in focus, press the play/pause physical key. Instead of playing, I can hear music for a fraction of a second, and also the play (triangle) button in the MB player controls changes to pause and back very quickly. additional key presses work just fine whether MB is in focus or not.

Another edit: Another thing I just tried: Start MB. Use the mouse the play and pause. Only then hit the physical multimedia key. Same thing happens, it registered twice (plays and pauses). Also, if I start MB, use mouse to hit play, then hit the physical multimedia key: it registers twice, pausing and starting playback right back.
I updated the topic title to better reflect the issue in light of those experiments. I hope this helps.
Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:21:46 PM by MeeMeeMee
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

phred

• Global Moderator
Did you try the suggested fix in the thread you referenced?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MeeMeeMee

Did you try the suggested fix in the thread you referenced?
I haven't tried the suggestions there b/c they seem like a different problem. That thread talks about the key press registering twice every time they use it. My problem is that it happens just once after MB starts. After that it works just fine.

Now that you asked, I tried disabling the Multimedia play/pause key, and as expected, that button no longer works at all. Other talk about tweaking some media control plugin. I don't see that installed in MB. I can't set it as default music player either b/c I don't have it installed from the windows app store, and I'd rather not set it manually file-type by file-type.

I should've added that I don't remember having this issue in the previous version or the one before that. Has anything changed in the area of the app in the past 2 versions? I don't think Steven posted a detailed changelog. Maybe a debug log could shed some light?

Edit: I just noticed something. This button registering twice the 1st time it's used after starting MB only happens if MB is in focus. I'll also update the 1st post.
Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:09:26 PM by MeeMeeMee
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/