Author Topic: Artists fitlering Virtual Tag  (Read 831 times)

asstrocreep

The <artists> tag seem sto also include the album artist which causes duplicates. I'm looking for help with making a function that simply removes the album artist from the artists tag.

Virtual tag: <artists> minus <album artist>

phred

• Global Moderator
If the Album Artist is blank, MB uses the Artist as the Album Artist. But that would not produce duplicates.

Can you provide an example of what you're doing that shows what you think are duplicates?
Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 11:03:23 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

asstrocreep

If the Album Artist is blank, MB uses the Artist as the Album Artist. But that would not produce duplicates.

Can you provide an example of what you're doing that shows what you think are duplicates?

I figured out what I was trying to do. For example when using the option display playing song below album, on album view in the main panel, I had set the subtext under track titles to display <artists> however I noticed that the artist is displayed a subtext regardless, so my solution was to set the subtext to <Artists: Guest>. Now it only shows additional text under the title if there is an artist besides the original <artist> tag.