Author Topic: Different sorting & grouping for different manual playlists  (Read 1386 times)

h4rdtr4nce

First I want to say that I just recently switched to MusicBee after using iTunes for 15 years.
MusicBee offers everything I ever whished for an iTunes succesor and even more.

Now to my question: Is it possible to select a different sorting and grouping for a selected manual playlist without affecting other playlists?
I know that this works for auto-playlists but on a manual playlist it always also affects each playlist with the same type of view.

Another question: With iTunes I always added new music to my library by dragging the files to a selected playlist. That way the tracks ended up in my library and in the playlist where I want them in one action.
Doing so in MusicBee the tracks will be added to the playlist but not to my library (which doesn't make much sense to me). Is there a way to replicate the behaviour of iTunes?
Now I have to: drag new files into my library -> open the library -> find the new tracks -> select them -> add them to the playlist.

Steven

• Administrator
right click on the playlist in the left panel/ Playlist settings and you can set custom fields/sorting/views

h4rdtr4nce

@Steven: I know, custom fields are working fine as well as setting a different view.
The issue is that selecting a grouping method for one playlist also affects any other playlist with the same type of view.

For example I have Playlist A with the 'Album' view and grouping disabled.
Now I have Playlist B also with the 'Album' view and now group it by Artist, Playlist A is now also grouped by Artist.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you actually saved any custom views?  Where it says "custom views" and then "Copy current view settings to...", at the top left of the main panel.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)