Author Topic: Sort the "Artists" by last name  (Read 3884 times)

karbock

My pleasure!

I can't answer your first question...

As for the second one, in mp3tag:
* select the concerned rows
* in the left panel, type the common value in the desired zone
* click on the Save button (above)

If the desired zone is not included in the left panel, you can add it like this:
* right click in the left panel
* if the tag IS the list but not activated, just click on it
* if the tag IS NOT in the list, select Customize... -> Tag panel -> Add field (1st button)

By the way, you can personalise both left and right panels: content, tag order / description / size.
Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 06:03:28 PM by karbock

Anatole

:D Once again thank you very much : I can classify my music by last name ! and thanks also for the info on Mp3tag.
A subsidiary question : is it possible, and if so where in Musicbee, to display my new "albumArtistSort" tag so that I can modify it directly with each new album, without going through Mp3Tag ?
Bonne journée

karbock

(N.B.: Below, AA=AlbumArtist)

Yes, you can edit AAsort in MusicBee:

* Open the tag editor (right click -> Edit)
* Select 'Sorting' tab

=====

There is a SECOND OPTION.

If you are satisfied with all the values in AAsort and do not wish to maintain both tags (AA and AAsort), you can copy AAsort into AA (with mp3tag) and then forget about AAsort.

Moreover, AA is always easily accessible in MB's interface (more easily than AAsort).

But make sure that AA is always in the desired format: "SURNAME, given names".

In a first phase, especially for newbies who are afraid of making mistakes when converting tags with mp3tags, it's good to have both tags (AA + AAsort), so that you can always correct/tweak your conversion formulas, while keeping the original values.

And afterwards? The choice is yours.