Author Topic: Beat Bar v.2  (Read 15742 times)

Clarence

Two base themes

Four colour accents

Version 2 implements small cosmetic changes as detailed below.
All download links now point to version 2.

Beat Bar:

Downloads:

Version 1
[Updated: 15 Feb 2020] Correction to text alignment when using very large fonts in track display
[Updated: 16 Feb 2020] Correction to text colouring to aid visibility for search box in white themed skins
[Updated: 07 Mar 2020] Correction to text colouring to aid visibility for 'Find' button in dark themed skins

Version 2
[Released: 19 April 2020]
Primary changes - Button recesses now moved to form part of the button matrix and removed from the background layer. The effect of which is that when a button is not displayed it no longer leaves an empty recess on the main player panel (e.g. 'LastFM Love' button).
Secondary changes - Re-positioning of the progress bar and re-positioning of the player rating stars to allow slightly more space to accommodate larger text fonts.

[Updated: 22 April 2020] To eliminate potential 'clash' of rating stars and track position (timer) on high resolution screens over 1920x1080 pixels.

BLACK:
BeatBar-Black with Blue
BeatBar-Black with Red
BeatBar-Black with Purple
BeatBar-Black with Orange

WHITE:
BeatBar-White with Blue
BeatBar-White with Red
BeatBar-White with Purple
BeatBar-White with Orange

I hope you enjoy the skins.

Skins in the Beat Bar Series:
Beat Bar Original (Black/White)
Beat Bar Metallic
Beat Bar Colours

[PLEASE NOTE:] If you have a higher resolution screen (1920x1080px  or above) and are using Windows 10 you may experience some distortion of the high density graphics when using these skins. Please refer to this post by fred for a quick solution to overcome this problem.  Fix: Distorted graphics on Windows 10
Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 10:23:06 PM by Clarence

Coogan

Really nice job on these skins.  I like all of your skins, but these really look nice when I have the library open.
Which is the way I always have my player.

Thanks for the hard work.
My MusicBee Version:

Clarence

Really nice job on these skins.  I like all of your skins, but these really look nice when I have the library open.
Which is the way I always have my player.

Glad you like them Coogan.

Thanks for the hard work.

You're very welcome, and the odd nice comment like yours makes the effort worthwhile.

By the way...
I checked whilst designing this, and whilst this one won't handle the Segoe UI-28pt that you like using, it should be OK pushed up to 22pt if you don't have multi-line text active.  8)

Coogan

Hmmm, take a look at this image.  See how a long title that scrolls, enters the image from the right taking the timer with it.
When the texts exits, it does so before the timer on the left.
Is there anyway to have the text enter the window from the left of the timer on the right?

Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 04:34:41 PM by Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

Clarence

Thanks for the spot Coogan. I hadn't noticed that during my testing. There again, I used a somewhat tame font compared to the Gazzarelli one you're using now   ::)

Original downloads updated and a note added to the first post in this thread.

Coogan

Thanks for the spot Coogan. I hadn't noticed that during my testing. There again, I used a somewhat tame font compared to the Gazzarelli one you're using now   ::)

Original downloads updated and a note added to the first post in this thread.

I tested several fonts & sizes, before posting this time.  :)

*Edit:
The fix works perfect.  Looks Great!
Thanks again.
Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:02:31 PM by Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

Clarence

The fix works perfect.  Looks Great!
Thanks again.

Glad to be of service, have a good weekend.

Sand Raider

Hey Clarence, there's an issue on the white versions where in the search bar the text is invisible due to also being set to white. Black themes are all good in this respect.

Oh and while I'm here... your skin portfolio for this app is simply amazing. The best I've seen. Spoilt for choice atm as it seems like every new one you release surpasses the old. Thank you so much for them all  :D

Clarence

Hey Clarence, there's an issue on the white versions where in the search bar the text is invisible...

Damn!, and well spotted...especially as it was invisible ;)   It's corrected now and the download files updated and note posted on initial post on this thread.

Oh and while I'm here... your skin portfolio for this app is simply amazing. The best I've seen. Spoilt for choice atm as it seems like every new one you release surpasses the old. Thank you so much for them all  :D

Thank you. I'm not so sure about that but it's very kind of you to say so. Let's hope I continue to live up to your expectations.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I agree that your skins are amazing. Makes me kinda sad I don't use the player bar. :D
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Clarence

Thanks for the endorsement, psychoadept. Appreciated  8)

Sand Raider

Hey Clarence, there's an issue on the white versions where in the search bar the text is invisible...

Damn!, and well spotted...especially as it was invisible ;)   It's corrected now and the download files updated and note posted on initial post on this thread.

Oh and while I'm here... your skin portfolio for this app is simply amazing. The best I've seen. Spoilt for choice atm as it seems like every new one you release surpasses the old. Thank you so much for them all  :D

Thank you. I'm not so sure about that but it's very kind of you to say so. Let's hope I continue to live up to your expectations.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

You're seriously welcome and thank you again. Oh and you too  ;)

Nhiet

Hello Clarence.

Thank you for your hard work. Your skins look so beautiful, I downloaded one immediately when I saw them. However I ran into a little trouble. After downloading "Beat-bar-Black" and installing through the "Add skin" feature of MusicBee, I encounter this display error. I'm using latest MusicBee, latest windows 10, 27" WQHD 1440p monitor. What do you think could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Clarence

Hey Nhiet

To be honest with you, I have absolutely no idea.  What I can see is that the player image has been distorted both horizontally and vertically which means that button positions no longer align with the recesses. These are placed by pixel location and clearly they are where I would expect them to be but the background image is over-stretched.

I tested the skin on various screen resolutions and did not find any problems. I personally use them on a 28inch monitor and they perform faultlessly. There have been literally thousands of downloads of my skins and I've had nobody else report this problem.

Quite why the main library panels have not been populated with data is also unusual.

I notice that you have the image in full screen display, does anything change to correct the image if you alter the window size?

I'm hoping that one of the more 'techy' people on here may have a better idea than me and if anyone reading this knows what's happened,  both Nhiet and I would be grateful of your input.

In the meantime...let's check some basics....

-If you install another skin and select that, does it have the same problem?  (try installing it by simply copying the skins .xmlc file to your skin directory and select if from the skin list (Menu/View/Skins...) if it doesn't have a problem, try copying the BeatBar skin's .xmlc file in the same way and see if that too is fine.

-Have you tried using a different monitor such as laptop screen or hdmi to TV  screen, etc. If that works it would point very much at being WQHD monitor related.

diego

Pretty sure this is related to display scaling, anything above 100% will cause this.

@Clarence try to set fixedHeight to false in skin.xml