Author Topic: A malware website Roudal.com is cloning MusicBee  (Read 2296 times)

beardedasmr

Hey! Just signed up for the forum to let the site owner know that there’s another site that tricked a friend of a friend and ended up stealing her YouTube account and holding it ransom. It’s [link removed]. Myself and some others have reported the site but I wanted to make you aware.

edit:
link removed as it will only encourage people to go to that site and risk malware
Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 07:34:54 AM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
CAUTION! The OP may itself be a scam trying to get you to the mentioned site. A quick Google search shows that it's a very new site and it is somewhat questionable. I would caution everyone NOT to go to the referenced site unless you're using a virtual machine or a machine that is sandboxed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

beardedasmr

Good to be cautious - as far as I can tell, going to the site doesn't actually do anything. Plus, it looks exactly the same as this site so... you've already seen it. If you'd like me to verify myself somehow I'd be happy to.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the heads up. Apparently MusicBee isn't the only thing it's spoofing:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/f1cktt/is_this_a_scam/
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks beardedasmr. I don't think there's any need for you to go to the site. Especially in light of the reddit post that psychoadept linked to.

For the time being I'm locking the thread while we wait for Steven to take a look at it.

In the meantime, I would suggest that everyone stay away from the website mentioned in the first post. Further comments should be PM'd to me and psychoadept until we decide what to do.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here