Author Topic: Musicbee hangs hoving mouse cursor over "Add To Playlist" (right button menu)  (Read 1133 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
More details please.
Version?
Installer, portable, store?
Exact steps to reproduce?
Anything in error log at the time this happens? (Help > Support > View error log)
Screenshot of your entire layout.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jripollv

Version: 3.3.7310 (Installer)
Step to reproduce: Populate a huge library with 150000 songs and 8000 playlist and just hover the mouse over "Add to playlist".
Since Musicbee hangs there's no chance to usee: Help -> Support -> View error log
Found nothing in log files after killling musicbee.
I'm sending screenshot in a PM.

phred

• Global Moderator
Once you restart MB you can view the error log using the steps I provided. Or with MB closed you can find it in MB's AppData directory and is called ErrorLog.dat.

Any particular reason why you PM'd the screenshot to me. It would be helpful for others to see in order to help figure out your issue so I put the link here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p3nV2OndODYNJ5Nv-KtgrTUrDgSUFyAb/view?usp=sharing

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
i can imagine that many playlists could take a long time to initialise. Unforturnately its related to .NET implementation of the menu controls used and I wont be able to solve this. However i will see if the loading can be done in the background so it doesnt freeze the gui

Steven

• Administrator
try this version - it now loads the playlists in the background so wont freeze the GUI

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files