Author Topic: Hide albumartist displayed below tracks in Album Covers view?  (Read 4677 times)

johnmillsjr

I forgot how to hide the album artist tag in Album Covers view. Why not have the setting in customize panel?

phred

• Global Moderator
Why not have the setting in customize panel?
It's there. You're just not looking deeply enough. Click on "Albums" > Customize Panel > enable 'show the tracks for the selected album' >   Show Settings > fields displayed > add/remove the fields you want.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What is Matrix? That's not a built-in tag.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

johnmillsjr

No it's a custom tag for matrix numbers, but albumartists are showing in that place when no matrix is used

phred

• Global Moderator
No it's a custom tag for matrix numbers, but albumartists are showing in that place when no matrix is used
Suggestion: try replacing 'matrix' for another tag in that position. If that works, take a good look at your matrix tag and/or post it here to see if there's a syntax error.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

johnmillsjr

Suggestion: try replacing 'matrix' for another tag in that position. If that works, take a good look at your matrix tag and/or post it here to see if there's a syntax error.

I've been trying to fix this for weeks. It shows artists under the tracks without it being specified in settings or sorting/grouping. Where would I see syntax errors?

phred

• Global Moderator
Where would I see syntax errors?
In the custom tag you created: matrix

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

johnmillsjr

Still having the same issue with Artist being displayed next to each song if it has a AlbumArtist Tag

Here are my settings

Subtitle is a tag that shows recording info that isn't in use for this album- and I am sure it is not the issue.

Steven

• Administrator
With v3.4 if you use a virtual tag in place of the title field, it wont show the artist like that. With v3.3, I dont think there is a way for the artist to not show when the artist differs from the album artist

Steven

• Administrator