Author Topic: I'm new to MusicBee and I can't add my device, LG G7 One to the player!  (Read 4476 times)

Original Canadian

Hi I need some help! I just downloaded this music player and so far I love it. Windows media player (I use windows 7 until I get a new computer) will no longer recognize my phone and allow me to add music to it (like it did the first time) via SD card, which I use to store all of my music on it. Here's what I've done:

I go to "edit", "preferences" and then "add device". My phone, LG G7 One shows up on my computer as it should, but when I click it, I'm not able to add it or click "ok." Likewise, when i click on the icon from my computer separately, there's nothing in folder. Wtf? I use my SD card for all of my music and I want to add more songs to it. Trouble is, I can't without using a media player to sync my phone with, and the MusicBee media player isn't allowing me to add my device to begin with, so I can't add any new songs to my device like I would so badly want to. It's super frustrating. Can anyone help with this? I can add music to MusicBee no problems, I just can't get it add my phone, so that I can move my music to my SD card. The LG G7 has limited storage, hence the SD card.

How do I get my device to be recognized so that I can add it to the player and sync via my SD card? I google this question and the player won't allow me to add the device. It comes up but I can't click ok. Please help! Other people have found solutions to similar problems but no one has seemed to run into my problem (or at least not for awhile) where they literally can't add the device at all. Can someone provide basic, simple instructions? That would be great. Because I've tried media monkey and while when I plug my phone in, the window allows me the option to sync my music to it, nothing happens, and no new music gets added T_T I'm at my mental limits here and having a dying computer with windows 7 (will need to replace before the end of the new year) doesn't help.

phred

• Global Moderator
Can you transfer music from MB to the card if you plug the card directly into the PC?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Original Canadian

I haven't tried it but given that it doesn't recognize my phone I don't see why it would work. When I open up my phone's folder, there's nothing, which is weird because when I open my SD card, via my phone it's all there.

Original Canadian

I should say opening the folder via computer doesn't show anything. Opening the SD card through my phone and not my computer shows all of my music.

vincent kars

Might it be the phone is locked?
On my PC I do see in and external memory of my phone but I can only access it when I unlock the phone first.

Original Canadian

I've tried it with a locked and unlocked phone and it doesn't make a difference. My computer is old. Could the old software be interfering with it?

SkyZippr

I understand your frustration, but we need to make sure a few more things to see what the problem is.
(1) When you plug the phone to your PC, you can see the phone in Windows Explorer; is that correct?
(2) However, when you open the phone from Windows Explorer, you are unable to see the SD card or the internal storage; is that correct?
(3) If you remove you SD card from your phone and plug it to your PC via a card reader, can Musicbee see it or add it as a device? This is a basic procedure to see whether the problem is in the phone or the card.

Original Canadian

Ok so the other I day I read helping the computer to read the phone via the drop down menu under USB. I've now got it to file or data transfer, which finally allows me to view the files on music bee. Trouble is, I still can't add it even after selecting the phone and SD card. So here's what I did to syn my device using windows media player:

Plug in my phone into the computer, using the drop down menu on my phone, tap the USB charging option. Tapped file transfer, then my computer recognized the device and SD card. I was able to add and sync songs onto media player using this method but it still doesn't work for music bee.
Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 05:48:00 PM by Original Canadian

frankz

You have to have it in the state where Windows can recognize it before you open MB.

Original Canadian

But the computer does recognize it, that's the problem. If I plug it in a window will pop up automatically with various options. It's just with the USB plugged in I have to tell my phone i want to transfer data in order to sync with the windows media player. So it should work for this media player as well.

SkyZippr

Can you post a screenshot of your device configuration?
Menu > Edit > Edit preferences > Devices > select the device you want to sync to, then Configure > Settings.

frankz

But the computer does recognize it, that's the problem. If I plug it in a window will pop up automatically with various options. It's just with the USB plugged in I have to tell my phone i want to transfer data in order to sync with the windows media player. So it should work for this media player as well.
...and what I'm saying is that you should only open MB after selecting that USB option. The computer needs to recognize and be able to access the storage, not just know that something has been plugged into the USB port, before you open MB.

Original Canadian

I think I tried opening it after changing the USB settings on my phone and it still didn't work =/ And that was after closing MB and opening it after  But I'll try again on my next set of days off (I work a compressed work week) and let you know. I'll also take a screen shot as one user suggested by following their steps and update with the info.

Original Canadian

Update: so I plugged my phone in, switched USB to file transferring, opened up MB and encountered the same problem. Although the prompt window no longer pops up when I plug my phone in. No idea why. I can transfer files using Windows Media player but not MB so perhaps it's just not possible using my device. How do I attach photos on here though? All the options require URL links to do that. Is there a way to copy and paste images via my phone on this website or from my computer?

phred

• Global Moderator
How do I attach photos on here though? All the options require URL links to do that. Is there a way to copy and paste images via my phone on this website or from my computer?
Read the NOTE on the page where you are entering your reply. It's above the formatting bar.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here