Author Topic: Weird album art bug  (Read 1227 times)

GamingBanana8

Hello people of MusicBee.

I've being using the software now for more than 2 years and it's amazing. Unfortunately I've hit a problem when transferring music from one to another computer. My album art in the folder just looks normal like this:

But then when I go in MusicBee I see this:

It puts one artwork for all the tracks. Whenever I try to update the tags, it does not respond and keeps the album art. Whenever I use the Artwork Reset Cache tool, it does not work. Reinstalling even does not work. How do I fix it so it displays all the individual album art I've got?

It's really weird...

Kind regards,
GamingBanana8.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Whenever you're getting one artwork for many tracks that shouldn't have it, it typically means there's an artwork file in the folder that's taking precedence over embedded and other artwork.

Check your artwork settings in tags (1) and make sure that both storage and retrieval are set to embedded first (unless the artwork is not actually embedded, but it looks like it is). Also look for artwork files in your music folder and remove any that are called something like folder.jpg or cover.jpg.  Then rescan your artwork again.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

GamingBanana8

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Whenever you're getting one artwork for many tracks that shouldn't have it, it typically means there's an artwork file in the folder that's taking precedence over embedded and other artwork.

Check your artwork settings in tags (1) and make sure that both storage and retrieval are set to embedded first (unless the artwork is not actually embedded, but it looks like it is). Also look for artwork files in your music folder and remove any that are called something like folder.jpg or cover.jpg.  Then rescan your artwork again.
Thank you a lot for the hint of Folder.jpg.

I saw that in the folder, removed it, resetted Artwork cache and re-scanned all files and it fixed it! Thanks a lot!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm glad it was that simple!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)