Author Topic: Classique  (Read 11381 times)

Clarence

One concept.

Two base themes, light and dark.

Six player colours for either theme.

(...and a stop button)

Classique:

Download:

Light Theme:
Light Theme - Red Player
Light Theme - Orange Player
Light Theme - Teal Player
Light Theme - Blue Player
Light Theme - Grey Player
Light Theme - Black Player

Dark Theme:
Dark Theme - Red Player
Dark Theme - Orange Player
Dark Theme - Teal Player
Dark Theme - Blue Player
Dark Theme - Grey Player
Dark Theme - Black Player

I hope you enjoy the skins.

[Please Note: The theme backgrounds in the downloads are 'flat' colour.  The background effect for the splash screens is obtained by using a 20 pixel by 20 pixel seamless tile which I generated based on the player texture. If used as a 'custom background' the main player theme can take on the same effect, although it does override some of the theme areas and is not to eveyone's taste.
If you use custom backgrounds then you're welcome to download the tiles here:
Light Theme - Textured Background Tile
Dark Theme - Textured Background Tile

frankz

Not normally a "skin" guy, but this is so nice I had to download and use it.  Really nice work. (I love stop buttons)

Clarence

Thanks frankz!  Glad you like it.

...nice work. (I love stop buttons)

It would seem that you're not the only one... <looks @ hiccup and phred>  <shakes head>

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Very nice!
Would be right at home in the dash of an old Chevy!

Especially like the Dark Red / Dark Blue using the background image.

A slight problem though. The Menu.DropDown.Default bg (126,126,126) and the Menu.DropDown.Disable fg (130,130,130) are virtually impossible to tell apart.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
(...and a stop button)
You really don't have to keep this a secret. Say it loud and say it proud!
THIS SKIN HAS A STOP BUTTON!!

Very nice job. And thanks.
Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 12:18:02 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Clarence

You really don't have to keep this a secret. Say it loud and say it proud!...

Ok,Ok, I confess I have a penchant for stop buttons too.!!!

Clarence

Very nice!
Would be right at home in the dash of an old Chevy!

Thanks for the thumbs up, Bee-liever. You're bang on the money!  When I look at the note I wrote for myself when I had this idea, I wrote: "old-style, car radio, stylish, classic, posh, metallic/chrome".

I must admit I didn't have a Chevy in mind. I saw it more as a 1960's Alfa Romeo Spider. Speed, open top, heads turning at that engine's throaty roar....ah, memories. Anyway, I'll take Chevy, although the logo design also pays lip service to the Bentley but that, like most things in life, is way above my pay grade.

Especially like the Dark Red / Dark Blue using the background image.

Glad someone else can make use of the tiles.

A slight problem though. The Menu.DropDown.Default bg (126,126,126) and the Menu.DropDown.Disable fg (130,130,130) are virtually impossible to tell apart.

My sincere apologies for this! It was on my snagging list for post-production tweaks and I was convinced I'd done it. Goes to show you can never check enough!

I've adjusted disabled to a set of 174's which make it far more visible and have updated the dark themed files.

Again, my apologies to anyone who needs to re-download from the original post.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
although the logo design also pays lip service to the Bentley
That may have been your intention but, for me at least, it immediately invoked images of the late 1950's/early 1960's Chevrolet Impala.
With the big "V" emblem front and back, the angled tail fins, and the dash also had that 'dotted' chrome look that your background tile is reminiscent of.

Thank you for the 'fixed' version.

These are definately going on my 'high-rotation' skin list!
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Clarence

OK. This may be a red herring and nobody may have been affected, but it appears I made a slight faux-pas when I recompiled the dark skin versions after Bee-liever pointed out an oversight in a post above.  I'm reasonably confident that I got those correct but I know I tweaked another setting the next day and sent a fresh set up to the cloud and I think it was this one where I dropped the ball.

Stupidly, I compiled the player background from the light version with the dark version player which certainly looks odd.

If you downloaded a dark version on Tuesday or Wednesday morning this week, I suggest you download again just to be sure.  I can't be certain that anyone got one of the incorrect files as there isn't a breakdown of downloads by time but I know that 197 downloads were made in the above time period so I'd rather treat them all as suspect unless proven otherwise.  Corrected files were put in place Wednesday afternoon (UK time) but this is the first chance I've had to get on here in what has been a manic week!

So... I'm sorry for any inconvenience and I shall now go and beat myself with a rather large stick...always assuming the current Mrs. Clarence doesn't get there first.

musicbee4dwd

Your skins remind me of the MMD3 series skins in Winamp.  They were so well done.

Man, thanks. These are super nice. I like the Classic the best because it doesn't have any icon work, just clean. Hmmm, I do like the updated Classic Beats well too, tough. Very nice art work on it.
Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 06:31:52 AM by musicbee4dwd

Steven

• Administrator
@Clarence, for the next v3.4 update, I have enhanced the skin rendering to handle high dpi screens. This should work with all your skins without any adjustments on your side. If you want to try it out yourself now, send me a PM, otherwise it should be available in the next few days

musicbee4dwd

@Clarence, for the next v3.4 update, I have enhanced the skin rendering to handle high dpi screens. This should work with all your skins without any adjustments on your side. If you want to try it out yourself now, send me a PM, otherwise it should be available in the next few days

Stephen, does that mean if you have Windows scaling set to more than 100% that the skins will render properly?

The Incredible Boom Boom

Man, thanks. These are super nice. I like the Classic the best because it doesn't have any icon work, just clean. Hmmm, I do like the updated Classic Beats well too, tough. Very nice art work on it.

Oh, man - the memories. This was the one I switched to every time I installed or reinstalled Winamp.

Steven

• Administrator

fred

Just tried the patch - works perfectly on Classique & Beat Bar