Author Topic: All files in all playlists not found, but files are still in library  (Read 1279 times)

tstenz

Not sure what happened, but after organizing my library, MusicBee can't find anything in my playlists. The title is the only thing there; all other fields are blank. The "Date Added" is also very recent for some reason; even more recent than the reorg. Probably weirdest of all, when I manually point to the correct location, the file works fine in that playlist only until I close MusicBee. Then the "Date Added" resets and I have the same issue.

I can manually recreate all of my playlists, but is there a faster way to repair the existing ones?

phred

• Global Moderator
Hover cursor over the ! at the left edge. What does it say?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

You "organized" your library how? Through MB or outside of it?  What format playlists are you using? If you view your music in your library, are the files missing there, too?

You're missing the most important field in your playlist: URL.  Right-click the header row->Set Displayed Fields and add it.  This will tell you where MusicBee is looking for the file.  This will point you in the direction of what you did wrong and how to fix it.

tstenz

Organized through MB. My playlists are in MBP, although I've tried both formats. No, the music is not missing from my library.

The URL isn't a surprise; when I used the MB organize feature, it basically removed an extraneous folder from my music file structure, and for some reason the playlist is still pointing at the old folder, even when I manually correct it.

Steven

• Administrator
MB should have updated the playlist file links if you organised using MB. You can use the File/ Library/ Relink File Paths command to remap an old path to a new path

tstenz

Steven

• Administrator
you need to put in the old incorrect path and map it to the new correct path and then proceed by clicking the Update button

tstenz

Ah, OK, that totally worked, thank you! The tags are still missing though; is there any way to update those using the files rather than auto-tagging?

sveakul

Are the files already internally tagged?  Then just Tools-->Advanced-->Rescan all files.

tstenz