Author Topic: Sound Device Locked & Directory Selection Problems.  (Read 2310 times)

flyerfocus

Hey Guys,  I'm having two problems with MusicBee.  And then a question.

1) MusicBee will merrily play for a few hours and then spontaneously pops up a window that says the sound device is locked.  The only way I can get it to work again is to kill it and restart.  It is playing on a laptop running Windows 7.  That laptop lives in a closet and is dedicated to playing music through the house.  Point is, there's no user actually using the computer when this happens.  Seems to be completely spontaneous.  And yes, I've rebooted the machine.  Any ideas?

2) I have a directory called "Playlist" that I stream from off a Linux server.  All is good there.  Then, before Christmas I added the "Xmas." directory so it would play randomly from both Playlist and Xmas.  Well now I cannot remove Xmas.  I can go into the UI and uncheck the Xmas directory and it no longer shows on the main screen, but then when I restart MusicBee, there it is, right alongside Playlist again.  Any ideas here?

And the Question.  Windows Media Player constantly pops up, wanting me to run through it's wizard when I use MusicBee.  Is this normal?  I prefer not to use Windows Media Player just because I don't like having my metadata sent back to the M$ mothership.

Now I know someone will ask what version MB I am using.  Good question!  I don't see where that's shown, but I did update to the latest just before Christmas.

sveakul

Now I know someone will ask what version MB I am using.  Good question!  I don't see where that's shown, but I did update to the latest just before Christmas.

Drop the menu to the right of the MusicBee logo, then Help-->About.  That's ONE of your questions down anyway!  ;)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It's possible to completely remove Windows Media Player: https://www.google.com/amp/s/helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/uninstall-windows-media-player-from-windows-7/amp/

For question 2, we may need a screenshot showing what you mean by "there it is again". If you added tracks to your library you can't just remove the folder from scanning or monitoring, you have to actually remove the tracks.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
It's possible to completely remove Windows Media Player
And if, for whatever reason, you don't want to remove WMP, you can make MB the default music player.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

flyerfocus

Now I know someone will ask what version MB I am using.  Good question!  I don't see where that's shown, but I did update to the latest just before Christmas.

Drop the menu to the right of the MusicBee logo, then Help-->About.  That's ONE of your questions down anyway!  ;)

Awesome--thanks.  3.3.7261.

flyerfocus

It's possible to completely remove Windows Media Player: https://www.google.com/amp/s/helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/uninstall-windows-media-player-from-windows-7/amp/

For question 2, we may need a screenshot showing what you mean by "there it is again". If you added tracks to your library you can't just remove the folder from scanning or monitoring, you have to actually remove the tracks.

Thanks.  Sounds like there's no dependency on it; which was my main concern.  I'll rip that bugger right off the laptop.

flyerfocus

Okay--I'll have to figure out how to remove the tracks.  I assumed it learned the playlist each time it was started, well, because, it opens every stinking music file on the Linix box (all 213,991 of them) every time I start MusicBee up.   Since it's a Linux box instead of a windows it has no problem handling it.  Just surprised it has do run through all that if it's already maintaining a playlist.  Seems redundant.  Very redundant.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Okay--I'll have to figure out how to remove the tracks.  I assumed it learned the playlist each time it was started, well, because, it opens every stinking music file on the Linix box (all 213,991 of them) every time I start MusicBee up.   Since it's a Linux box instead of a windows it has no problem handling it.  Just surprised it has do run through all that if it's already maintaining a playlist.  Seems redundant.  Very redundant.

I agree it shouldn't need to do that. Please go ahead and share a screenshot of your MusicBee window and where you're seeing the two different collections; it will answer questions much faster than going back and forth with guesses.

I'm especially concerned that you might be working in the computer node instead of the library, in which case trying to delete tracks could actually delete them from the computer.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)