Author Topic: Problems Sorting Albums by artist/year/album  (Read 1220 times)

zh23a

Ok so this is pretty basic but I can't get it to work, I want to sort firstly by album artist, then the year of the album, then by the album name

If I do Album Artist/Year/Album it splits up the tracks on the album that have a date before the release of the album so the album is split up like so:

So to fix this I tried sorting Album Artist/Album Year/Album, hoping that it would use the year it shows me when the years vary when not sorted, for example it shows 2016 for this album when there is a 2017 dated song on it.

This kept the album together but now the other albums are not in Year order ,

clearly It can show me the dates here and I just want to sort by these dates shown.

I would like help on how to get it to sort by the dates I can see there, I know I can manually fill in "original years" for each of these 5 albums and sort it but there are 100's more that I want to be able to sort the same way without having to change each ones date when I can see it can show me a date that I want to use to sort.
Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 06:59:52 PM by zh23a

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You have some options here,  but I'd suggest going ahead and using Year for the album and original year for different dates by track. You can quickly copy all your current year values to original year using the Additional Tagging and Reporting tools plugin.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

zh23a

You have some options here,  but I'd suggest going ahead and using Year for the album and original year for different dates by track. You can quickly copy all your current year values to original year using the Additional Tagging and Reporting tools plugin.

Ok I get what you mean, so make all the years the same for each album and just have the track dates different on original year. I see how I would be able to copy all the years to original year.

what would be the quick way to change 100s of albums into each of their respective correct year tag. like how do I tell it to unify each albums year into the same one.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You should be able to configure the auto-tag by album feature to only apply changes to year. Then you can quickly use that command for the albums that have multiple years.

https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Auto-Tagging#Auto-Tag_by_Album
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)