Author Topic: ISRC Tag Support  (Read 2580 times)

Dryst

I am not seeing any support for the ISRC tag within MusicBee.  ISRC is a commonly used alphanumeric unique identifier that identifies recordings.  Many streaming sites use it to identify audio.  It's used globally.

I have this tag added to many of my audio files, but MusicBee does not show or export the value of the tag.  Is there an option to make use of this tag?

Thanks.

Here is what it looks like:

The actual TAG text in the FLAC file above appears as:

ISRC=TCADD1764635

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You would need to configure this as a custom tag. See the wiki for more info on custom tags
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Dryst

Thanks. 

I added ISRC, and MusicBee re-scanned my entire library.  I now see my ISRC values from my tags in library content; however, export playlist command is not adding this tag.  Is there an additional option to add this tag to the export playlist?

phred

• Global Moderator
however, export playlist command is not adding this tag.  Is there an additional option to add this tag to the export playlist?
When you set up the custom tag did you choose to save the tag to MB's database, or did you choose one of the tags in the dropdown menu? If the former, the custom tag is -not- saved with the file.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure what you mean by the export playlist command.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Dryst

When you set up the custom tag did you choose to save the tag to MB's database, or did you choose one of the tags in the dropdown menu? If the former, the custom tag is -not- saved with the file.

My tags are already set correctly.  They currently have ISRC contained within.  I added the custom tag choosing ISRC that already existed, and my previously saved content now shows within MusicBee.  I do not alter my tags with MusicBee.  I only use it to play my music.  I have many other tools that I use to alter my tags.

Dryst

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm. I see that XSPF playlists can contain metadata for tracks. Do other tags show up there for you?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Dryst

Do you guys posting not know the answer to my question?  You are allowed to write, "I do not know."

The question was: how can I add ISRC tag to exported playlists.

Thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sure, the short answer is that I don't know. I'm asking questions for the sake of being able to provide as much information as I can. For other playlist formats, the playlist doesn't contain metadata at all, but XSPF seems to be an exception so I was trying to find out more about how XSPF functions for you. My expectation is that whatever MusicBee outputs for XSPF wouldn't include custom tags if it includes tags at all. It's definitely not configurable from within MusicBee.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Dryst

Okay, and no problem.  Thank you for trying.

There are alternatives, such as Tag&Rename that has the ability to export my entire music library as an XML document allowing me to choose which tags to include.  This just require a little work on my part via XQuery and XSLT to transform to the results I require.

boroda

you can try 'additional tagging and reporting tools' plugin, 'library reports' command to export any tags to html document.

Dryst

Thanks for the suggestion.

This will work if it exports to xhtml that forces a valid XML document.  I would need valid XML to make use of XML related technologies.  HTML is not valid XML but XHTML is.

boroda

no, it exports html, not xhtml. but i think there are many tools on the internet to convert html to xhtml.

Dryst

Those conversion tools generally never work reliably. 

I will accept that fact that MusicBee simply does not offer an XML export and use Tag&Rename that does.