Author Topic: Drag & drop from MB to Jaikoz  (Read 1169 times)

𝑴𝑬𝑷𝑯

I'm using Jaikoz tag my files. After version 3.1.6275 (or so) i'm unable to drag and drop to Jaikoz. I did however discover that when i select 1000 or more files i suddenly am able to drag and drop to Jaikoz. Everything below 1000 doesn't work.

phred

• Global Moderator
What version are you using now?

What's the most recent version number you've tried?

Which installation type - store, installer, portable?

Can you drag and drop to other applications?

Have you contacted jaikoz about this issue?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

𝑴𝑬𝑷𝑯

I don't use the one from the store. I'm currently using two versions because of this. One portable which has the latest update (3.3.7310 P) and one that i have installed through the installer (3.06276).

Something changed after the drop and drag functionality changed.

I can drag normally to mp3tag or Picard or foobar. I can drag and drop from the updated portable version to the old MB install, but not the other way around.

I haven't contacted Jaikoz, because nothing changed with Jaikoz at the time, it was after the MB update in the past which changed the drag and drop funcionality (which was most notable because of the icon you get presented once you start to drag and drop). I can drag and drop perfectly from the older version i have installed to every other app i use.

I also need to note that the exact same problem occurred with the the updated install version.

I posted in this forum before when this problem first started to arise, which was in 2017 https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21740.msg127485#msg127485 , but i didn't get any reaction to this.
Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 09:31:48 AM by MePH

𝑴𝑬𝑷𝑯

This is the response i got from the creator of Jaikoz:

The way Copy and Paste/Dragn Drop work is the items copied or dragged present themselves as different flavours (data types), so for example an image could present itself as Image, File or Url , then as long as the other application understands how to deal with at least one of the flavours it can complete the paste/drop.

So maybe MusicBee has changed the data flavours presented to Jaikoz, and there is no longer a flavour that Jaikoz understands. Having read your link maybe MusicBee changes the flavours used when you select more than 1000 files?