Author Topic: Can't add files to library  (Read 2602 times)

hashtagbluejay

I was fooling around and came across some files I had dupes of. I was deleting the dupes or missing mp3s manually, but when I go to re-scan or even if I manually add back the files through File>Add files to library, the songs do not show up anywhere on my player. I've searched and tried adding the files back multiple times, but they just won't add them back.

Does anybody know why this is happening or how I can fix this?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I'm not clear on what you're trying to do. Did you delete duplicates through Windows Explorer? What are you trying to add to the library, if you deleted the duplicate files?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

billchambers

I am trying to do a similar thing by moving all my music folders to where Musicbee can "see" them. So far, no luck. I have 280 album folders containing music, but musicbee does not seem to know how to get in.

hashtagbluejay

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I'm not clear on what you're trying to do. Did you delete duplicates through Windows Explorer? What are you trying to add to the library, if you deleted the duplicate files?
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on my original post. So recently I upgraded to a new hard drive. Upon moving all of my files over, there were a few "missing files" that were shown for some reason. I went to remove these from my library. I then attempted to manually add back the files by going through File > Add files to library.

Despite doing this, no matter what I do, the files either seem to not be added, or they're being hidden. Do you know how I can get these supposedly hidden files to become unhidden? It's only doing it with whatever files I decided to delete that were originally being marked as a "missing file".

sveakul

How do I check the inbox?

Once you have checked the display box for it in Preferences/Layout (1)/Left Sidebar, it will appear in the Left Sidebar unless you have chosen to hide the latter (Arrange Panels/Left Sidebar( Show-Hide-AutoOpen).  Click on "Inbox" in the left sidebar and it will open a tab in your main window and show any contents.

hashtagbluejay

After checking the inbox, it doesn't appear to show anything. Is there another reason why my files are refusing to pop up in my library?

Another recent instance was I found out I had duplicate files in my library, and ended up deleting some. I went back to re-add them and they are not appearing in my library or inbox after I scan them.

Steven

• Administrator
Try dragging the files from windows explorer.
Also perhaps the files are already in the library - using the tracks view, show the url field and then sort by that field. You can then easily see if the file is already in your library

hashtagbluejay

Try dragging the files from windows explorer.
Also perhaps the files are already in the library - using the tracks view, show the url field and then sort by that field. You can then easily see if the file is already in your library
Dragging the files definitely helped. Not sure why nothing was showing through search from beforehand, but looks like the issue is solved.