Author Topic: Musicbee not showing manually added lyrics  (Read 2340 times)

Seventh

Hi everyone!

I've been exploring Musicbee a bit further and I've been using the lyrics reloaded plugin ( even though sometimes it doesn't find lyrics on genius that are on genius, but that's not the point ). Sometimes when it doesn't automatically find lyrics, I google search and insert them manually.

What I realised was, even if I save them on the file, as soon as I leave the lyrics screen and open it again, or replay the song, the lyrics are missing again - again, even if they're saved on the file.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks in advance!

sveakul

Rescan the file after adding the lyrics (Right-click->SendTo->File Rescan).  If they don't show up, confirm that you really did embed them into the file when you saved them off Google by using Tag Inspector (right-click->Edit->Tag Inspector).

Seventh

Rescan the file after adding the lyrics (Right-click->SendTo->File Rescan).  If they don't show up, confirm that you really did embed them into the file when you saved them off Google by using Tag Inspector (right-click->Edit->Tag Inspector).
Thanks for the quick reply!

I don't know what happened, but I went back to the files I was testing on, and they're fine now. I didn't do anything else. Maybe it takes a while for the file to update? Idk, but thanks anyways!

phred

• Global Moderator
Maybe it takes a while for the file to update? Idk, but thanks anyways!
The only time it would take a while for the file to update would be if the file you're saving lyrics to is also playing. In which case the lyrics are saved as soon as the music stops or is stopped. Other than that it's just like saving any file - it's saved almost instantaneously.

Are you embedding the lyrics in the music file or are you saving the lyrics as an external file?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Seventh

Maybe it takes a while for the file to update? Idk, but thanks anyways!
The only time it would take a while for the file to update would be if the file you're saving lyrics to is also playing. In which case the lyrics are saved as soon as the music stops or is stopped. Other than that it's just like saving any file - it's saved almost instantaneously.

Are you embedding the lyrics in the music file or are you saving the lyrics as an external file?
Oh, I was doing it while the file was playing. I'd embed the lyrics, and when I paused and played, the lyrics would vanish on the display panel, even when they were saved on the file. Maybe I needed to change the song and change back to it for it to work.

phred

• Global Moderator
Maybe I needed to change the song and change back to it for it to work.
You don't have to change the song. You can just stop it (-not- pause it) add the lyrics and then restart it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Seventh

Maybe I needed to change the song and change back to it for it to work.
You don't have to change the song. You can just stop it (-not- pause it) add the lyrics and then restart it.
Thanks for making it clear! :D