Author Topic: Combining singles in sorting  (Read 1747 times)

RemixtaConsole

• Video Game Music Radio Host
Hi, I have a lot of individual singles from different artists. I Group by publisher and Sort by Album, but since they each have different Artist, they are shown has different Album. Is there a way in the virtual tags to unite them under a single album? All the albums are Called "Single" so I think I could filter them like that, but I don't know how. Or could the Custom sorting do something?
Photo provided for context example. Also, I don't care that the thumbnail wouldn't match the album.

Thanks.

EDIT

Solved, via virtual tag
Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 03:29:28 AM by RemixtaConsole

boroda

use "album artist" tag instead of "artist" for displaying purposes. fill "album artist" tag with  "[Compilations]", "[Singles]", etc. for some sort of compilations and leave this tag blank for regular album (in this case "album artist" will be substituted with "artist" tag for *displaying* purposes).

RemixtaConsole

Thanks, but I also have situation where I have albums with an album artist and featuring others. I am not sure it would work here.

boroda

use "multiple artist splitter" for featuring artists, not "album artist".

RemixtaConsole

Well, I tried, it did the thing but I didn't like the result (all the singles combined in one long list, no artist split so I rolled back to what I had, more list but I can live with it. Thank for the help.

RemixtaConsole

I found How !!!!

Created a Virtual tag

Code
$If(<Album>="Single",$Replace(<Album Artist>,<Album Artist>,Single),<Album>)

And used it on the left side Thumbnails, combining them without changing the Album Artist in the data :) :Proud: