Author Topic: Sync album art changes made on portable device  (Read 431 times)

StinkPiece

Greetings,

Is there a way to sync changes to album art that are made on phones or DAPs with the PC library? I have been loving Music Bee for syncing my phone and listening to music at my PC but I am usually too involved with other tasks to spend time updating album art at the PC. The mobile app I use for music playback (Poweramp) makes it easy to update the art and I'd like those changes to be reflected in my PC library when I next sync the device.

I had considered that two-way sync may accomplish this but I'm not sure that I would like to take on the risk. My understanding is that if a file is removed on the phone then it may be removed from the PC. With the terrible luck I've had with micro SD cards going bad, I don't feel too confident about taking that risk. Additionally, the option for two-way sync is unable to be checked for whatever reason.

Is there any way to accomplish what I'm looking for without putting my library items at risk of being deleted should something go terribly wrong? Perhaps I may need to explore other software syncing options to compare the date modified attributes of those files outside of Music Bee but I figured it would be worth asking before I go down that route.

PS: I tried to search before signing up and posting this but I didn't find any results relevant to my question. Most results were about art not syncing to the phone to begin with whereas I'm concerned about updating art on my PC to reflect changes made on my phone or DAP. If this topic has been asked before, please forgive my inability to find it.

Best,

Stink Piece