Author Topic: Remember playlist position  (Read 4274 times)

raydep

I would like an option to remember playlist and position after restart PC. Continue playing from last played position.
Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 10:29:33 AM by raydep

frankz

Turn this off and just hit play the next time you open MB

raydep

That did the trick, thank you very much frankz

raydep

frankz

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but it doesn't "succeed" or "fail."  With the setting off, your "Now Playing" will be as you left it with the song following the last one you played cued up irrespective of reboots or anything else.

raydep

I stopped playing at #44 of my playlist, it resumed at #22 after a reboot. It did work correctly only after the first reboot. Sorry for my bad English.

frankz

Are you in shuffle mode (Controls->Shuffle) or are you rebooting your computer before MB has had a chance to fully close down? 

raydep

Yes, shuffle mode. Its a long shuffeled playlist (150.000 items that i want to play sequential.  I close my computer the correct way.  I have tried all possible options, read lots of messages and solutions concerning this but it does not work like it has to work. Had the problem with windows  7,10 and now 11.

frankz

Yes, shuffle mode. Its a long shuffeled playlist (150.000 items that i want to play sequential.
These two things do not go together.  If the playlist is already shuffled in Now Playing, you do not want to also have shuffle on (Controls->Shuffle) to play it sequentially.  "Shuffle On" is the opposite of "Play Sequentially."

raydep

I misunderstood you, i am not playing in shufflemode. I play a shuffled list. MB does not resume that list from the last played position after a reboot, however sometimes it does, mostly not.

frankz

As it relates to this wishlist item, the function already exists.

As far as what you're doing that is preventing the existing function from working for you (but only sometimes), I'm afraid I don't know.  My guess is that you're shutting off your computer before MB has had a chance to write to the database and/or settings in those instances, but that's just a guess.

raydep

Ok, I always shutting down the correct way, tried everything without result, that is why I did the request. Thank you very kindly for your patience. MB is the best player ever, I can live with this "bug".

raydep

Final note, if I manually shut down MB before shutting down Windows the problem doesn't seem to occur. Your guess is probably correct.