Author Topic: please add the ability to have albums show up in more then one grouping  (Read 2578 times)

wobbly

ok started a new topic

just in case anyone out there did not realise the power of  GROUPING TAG think of GROUPING TAG as boxes for  your music

i have
80's Compilation
70's Compilation
60's Compilation
Dance Compilation
Top of The Pops
90's Compilation
00's Compilation
Christmas Compilation

so i started adding ;
so albums would show up in more then  1  GROUPING  eg 80's Compilation;Christmas Compilation

that seem to work  but quit mb and then  80's Compilation;Christmas Compilation  is no longer showing in both GROUPING  "80's Compilation" "Christmas Compilation" ..... now is just showing 80's Compilation;Christmas Compilation is this a bug or have i missed some thing 

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is the semicolon with no space how you're entering the multiple tags? Does it work if you add a space?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

wobbly

i've  tried
90's Compilation;Top of The Pops
90's Compilation; Top of The Pops
90's Compilation ;Top of The Pops
not worked what is the correct placement of ; it worked yesterday untill i quit musicbee

wobbly

ok just tried  90's Compilation ; Top of The Pops  in keywords field and worked fine
tried 90's Compilation ; Top of The Pops in grouping   tag and did not work ... BUG

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm. Keywords is a bad comparison because it works differently than other fields anyway. But I moved this to bug reports for either clarification or investigation.

As I understand it, for artist values an entry like ab;cde will be treated as one value because the ; could be part of the artists name. Whereas ab; cde is treated as two values.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

wobbly

i am  sure  i ve  had ; working in the past under  GROUPING TAG here is hoping can be fix or added

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce any issues with setting the "grouping" tag to multiple values ie. all muyltiple values appear separately in the column browser and thumbnail browser. Are you using the latest version from the downloads page?

wobbly

ok i switched to music explorer and working there.. so now trying to work out where it is not working

wobbly

ok try this  i don't think it's  working if i load a filter

album view
sort by name
group by grouping

Steven

• Administrator
thats correct. Multiple values are only split on filter panels such as column browser; library explorer and thumbnail browser.
Sorting/ Grouping the main panel into multiple values isnt supported and never was

wobbly

just so we are on the same page  iam talking about left main panel  i have set to  thumbnail browser

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
just so we are on the same page  iam talking about left main panel  i have set to  thumbnail browser

same set up. left main panel + thumbnail browser

using Other Tags> Grouping
using filter 'Classical'
all working fine
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

wobbly

yes
using Other Tags> Grouping is the key

that's the way i did  it in the past
and not group by grouping   I found using Other Tags> Grouping but forgot to update forum