Author Topic: Issue with copying duplicate files over to my phones SD card.  (Read 1627 times)

Madmaxneo

I have a Note 10 + and I had the Wifi sync app to easily sync files onto my phone. Note that I put all my music files on my SD card so that when changing phones all I need to do is move the SD card.

A few days ago the Wifi sync stopped working correctly, it would start the sync then say it was completed but no new files were getting transferred. I even deleted a playlist and started the sync. The playlist showed up but with no tracks in it. I then tried syncing it a few more times and it still would not sync the tracks. I then tried a hardwired connection. For some reason it kept telling me my phone was unresponsive and it was unable to sync any tracks. Then I noticed that my phone was listed twice in the "devices" tab so I re-established all the syncing options and had to get some sleep.

Today I went to sync it and it sort of worked, except this time it copied every song over again to the SD card so every track was duplicated and it filled up my SD card. The only way to correct the issue was to completely delete all the music files on my phone and re-sync everything, so far it seems to be working and is currently at 88%.

It finished syncing but now I am having an issue where it isn't copying the playlists correctly. Every playlist shows up but they are listed with "0" (zero) tracks. I deleted all the playlists (but not the actual music tracks) on the SD card am currently trying to re-sync but it seems to be taking much longer than before.

Madmaxneo

Well, it duplicated all the files yet again. It seems I am now unable to copy or sync any files from my PC to my phone. Not sure why this is happening.

EDIT: I think I may have figured out the issue. For some reason the preferences had been reset to synchronize all music when I know that I had specifically set it to not do that. I discovered it wasn't actually duplicating all the music files just the ones that I have duplicate tracks of on my PC.

How did it get reset to copy all music files over?
Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 08:23:39 PM by Madmaxneo

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Try updating to the latest patch. Steven has made some changes to address the duplicate device profile issue.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Madmaxneo

Try updating to the latest patch. Steven has made some changes to address the duplicate device profile issue.
Thanks but I discovered it wasn't actually duplicating all the music files as I posted at approximately the same time you posted this...LOL.

How long ago did this patch come out? I updated MusicBee a week or so ago and wonder if that is why my sync preferences got reset.

Madmaxneo

It's getting more weird. I did a test and was able to sync one playlist (minus the last song I added to it a few days ago for some reason)
But now it keeps copying all the playlists I had on there before but with zero tracks. I then checked and there was a device in my list that I did not put there. I tried deleting it but it says the device is active. I turned off all the sync for that device and then it wouldn't sync anything. Yet I set the single playlist to be copied over in the device as the one I knew it was.

So basically MusicBee created an additional device and was using both of those to sync to my phone's SD card. I am going to try this again. I will remove both devices, then delete all the music on my phone, restart everything then try syncing again......

EDIT: it will not let me delete the device "LM PNP" from my system even though my phone is no longer connected.

Madmaxneo

I reset everything, deleted all the files from my phone, then had to delete all the empty playlists from my phone twice (not sure why that happened but they are gone now). I reset all my preferences and started the sync with just one playlist. It seemed to work fine as it copied all the music over and even the playlist, except the playlist is empty on my phone..... The music files are there but the playlist is empty.....

This is weird and not sure why this is going on.

Madmaxneo

I realize now that I am not the only one having an issue with the zero "0" songs in a playlist issue. This seems to be an issue with the latest update to the Android OS......

I wonder if it has to do with the type of playlist export and if I can change that.... any suggestions?

Madmaxneo

I installed the latest version of MusicBee and I am still getting the playlists with zero tracks in them.