Author Topic: Change ban icon  (Read 5298 times)

diego

Is it possible to change the ban icon? I couldn't find anything about it.

Changing the position and color would be enough for me.

hiccup

Changing the position and color would be enough for me.

It seems to work when you add references to it under 'TrackLove' like this:

Code
<element id="TrackLove" parent="Panel">
  <left relativeTo="TrackRating.Left" offset="-28" />
  <top relativeTo="Panel.Bottom" offset="-24" />
  <images category="NotLoved"
    default="Images\LastFmNotLove.png"
    highlight="Images\LastFmNotLoveBright.png"
  />
  <images category="Loved"
    default="Images\LastFmLove.png"
  />
    <images category="Banned"
    default="Images\Banned.png"
    highlight="Images\BannedHighlight.png"
  />
</element>

Since a track can't both be Loved and Banned at the same time it will have the same position as 'Loved'.

The 'ban' feature doesn't seem very popular though. I just looked for the shortcut key to easily set a track to 'Banned' but it looks like it doesn't exists, nor a.f.a.i.k. has it ever been asked for.

diego

omg i can't believe i didn't think of that, thank you!

I just looked for the shortcut key to easily set a track to 'Banned' but it looks like it doesn't exists, nor a.f.a.i.k. has it ever been asked for.

i think the only one is shift + click on the love icon

hiccup

omg i can't believe i didn't think of that

Well, you are the first person to give that icon any consideration and I don't think it is documented anywhere at all.
So, a good find and you could very well become the first one who publishes a skin using it...

Herchi

I normally use the "Royal blue" skin.
I imagine that it will be adding at the end of the Royal Blue.xml the suggested content as in the image.

add the code as a new 'element' in the xml as in the attached image.

I do not understand what is the use of adding the operation of the 'last fm', it takes out a heart but disabled. I have tried to give the button a normal click and with the 'shift' but nothing happens.

hiccup

I normally use the "Royal blue" skin.
What is described in this thread pertains to .xmlc (bitmapped) skins only.
It won't work on .xml skins.

Herchi

I had seen that xmlc's cannot been edited: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20921.0

I have searched for two skins on the web, in their respective support forum the source code to edit it and add these blessed lines but I have not found it. (And I would still be missing the path to compile it)

I would ask someone to share a dark skin with the ban icon, please. I just want that and I see such a mess.

hiccup

I would ask someone to share a dark skin with the ban icon, please. I just want that and I see such a mess.
This was said in this thread:
No skin has been released that uses a customised ban icon yet.

If having a customised ban icon is that important to you, you will have to create an .xmlc skin yourself.
Find a dark .xml skin that you like, modify it to add your 'ban' icon, and then compile it into an .xmlc skin.

The Incredible Boom Boom

The 'ban' feature doesn't seem very popular though. I just looked for the shortcut key to easily set a track to 'Banned' but it looks like it doesn't exists, nor a.f.a.i.k. has it ever been asked for.

I can add it to my plugin - or we can petition @Steven to incorporate it?