Author Topic: Add a search field to the settings  (Read 3951 times)

tverderesi

Today I reinstalled musicbee and I haven't exported my configuration snapshot. It took me almost 15 minutes to find where the 'disable half stars' toggle was. I think musicbee, being a extremely customizable program, should have a search field where we could search settings, if the coding for adding this function can be implement with easiness. I always get lost when I have to change some specific setting I haven't touched in months, since I don't change my settings a lot, a search where I could input i.e. 'ratings' and show me all the ratings related settings (like in macos).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1

In the meantime, you might be able to search the wiki when you're having trouble finding something.  The Preferences pages are pretty complete.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boroda

telmer6

+1

MusicBee has a lot of settings. This is good; having more options is always a plus in my book.
They aren't always where I expect them to be. This is annoying.

A search bar (honestly, just a basic case-insensitive match against localized labels would be adequate) would make finding things less frustrating.

phred

• Global Moderator
+1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Astro Gaze

+1

Something to think about: Not all settings are in the preferences. For example, Compact Player's maximize or restore can only be found in the top left 3 lines, when in Compact Player view. Either include these outliers in the main preferences window, or include a link that sends you there, during a search.