Author Topic: Is it possible to ‘associate’ a custom tab with a playlist?  (Read 1706 times)

zigzag10

I’ve got quite a few custom tabs, some of which I use frequently, once I’ve selected a particular playlist.  I don’t know if it’s possible, but it would be great if such a playlist could somehow be associated with what I deem is an appropriate custom tab; so that if I then select that playlist MB would automatically display the custom tab its associated with.  Can this be done?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It's not possible the way you're describing, but you can open a playlist in a tab and then lock the tab so that it will always have that playlist in it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
What do you mean by "custom tab"?
If you mean a different view for each playlist (e.g. track details, album covers), you can right-click the playlist and select Playlist Settings... and assign it a saved view.
For this to work, you need to be using MusicBee's MBP playlist format (not M3U).

Possibly also useful is to know that middle-clicking a playlist will open it in a new tab.
Bee excellent to each other...

zigzag10

Thanks, psychoadept and Zak for the suggestion and comments.  Not what I had in mind, but opening a playlist in a tab is definitely a good alternative, which I'm sure will achieve the same goal.

Incidentally the playlists I now intend to open in tabs are 'auto playlists' which have the function of filtering out a particular genre, while the tabs I will shortly customise will be devised so as to only display the sub-genres associated with that genre - something I've been able to achieve by using custom tags.  MB is brilliant  :)