Author Topic: Renaming files on music bee and my computer at the same time ?  (Read 2181 times)

marine

Hi all !

I am totally new on music bee, and I was wondering if it was possible while renaming files on music bee to rename at the same time the original file on my computer !?

My problem is that I renamed some music files manually but when I copied them on my phone, they all had the name of the original file instead of the name I gave them on music bee ... Annoying !

Thanks for your help !

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Howdy!

If this page doesn't answer your questions, let us know where you're running into trouble: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/File_Organization
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

marine

Sorry, but I don't find my answer there ...

I renamed my files manually on music bee library but I don't how to change the name of my original files on my computer. Thanks for your help

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You need to use the file organizer. That page tells you how it works.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

marine

Ok thank you so much ! I just did it and it worked well :)
So if I understand, I shouldnt rename manually ?
Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 07:47:52 PM by marine

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you mean changing the filenames, then I suggest either running the file organizer from time to time or just turning on auto-organize so the files are automatically updated when tags are changed. (Be really sure you know you're getting what you want with this, because it will affect your whole library)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

phred

• Global Moderator
So if I understand, I shouldnt rename manually ?
To reinforce what psychoadept said, all changes should be done through MB. Be it tags or filenames or moving to a different directory. Not doing it through MB will lead to lost files. How is MB supposed to know you used a file explorer to move a file from directory A to directory B. By using MB's computer node, or an organization rule, MB will keep track for you.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here