Author Topic: Using Segoe MDL2 Assets for icons on track information  (Read 5861 times)

diego

Windows 10 has a font called Segoe MDL2 Assets that is used for icons. You can use this font for virtual tags or on the track information. This is how mine looks like:

If you want the same as me here is the code:

Code
{font: Segoe MDL2 Assets;Regular;12}{contrast: 50}{font: Roboto Condensed;Regular;10}{contrast: 90}{color: 240,240,240} <Artist>

Code
{font: Segoe MDL2 Assets;Regular;12}{contrast: 50}{font: Roboto Condensed;Regular;10}{contrast: 90}{color: 240,240,240} <Title>

Code
{font: Segoe MDL2 Assets;Regular;12}{contrast: 50}{font: Roboto Condensed;Regular;10}{contrast: 90}{color: 240,240,240} <Album>

Code
{font: Segoe MDL2 Assets;Regular;12}{contrast: 50}{font: Roboto Condensed;Regular;10}{contrast: 90}{color: 240,240,240} <Year> {font: Segoe MDL2 Assets;Regular;12}{contrast: 50} {font: Roboto Condensed;Regular;10}{contrast: 90}{color: 240,240,240} <Play Count>

Notice the character after {contrast: 50} that's the icon. It won't show up here, use the windows character map to pick an icon.

Also I'm using Roboto Condensed for the text font, you can use whatever you want. You can also change the color of the icon. More information on how to format: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=24595.0

hiccup

That's a great tip diego!

Another font that is very suitable to use for this purpose is Segoe UI Symbol.
It has lots of symbols and icons that Segoe UI doesn't have (e.g. some musical symbols), and most others also look better in Segoe Symbol than in standard Segoe.

Here is a website that has a complete overview of all it's characters and also makes it easy to copy them:
http://www.kreativekorp.com/charset/font/SegoeUISymbol/

And the same for 'your' Segoe MD2L Assets font:
http://www.kreativekorp.com/charset/font/SegoeMDL2Assets/

P.S.
I am aware these are commercial links, if anybody has similar non-commercial links let me know and I can change them.

diego

Thanks for the links, definitely better to choose icons.
Emojis also work although they show up as monochromatic.

The only problem with this is if you select the 'split multi-value tags into rows' only the first value has the icon e.g.:
Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 03:38:42 AM by diego

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is a great tip! I hadn't seen this before, I guess I was still wrapped up in school when you posted it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

The Incredible Boom Boom

You can also use these fonts + emoji to override field names. Example: instead of "Love," you can replace it with a heart emoji, shorten the field to its smallest width and not see "Lo.." in the fields display.