Author Topic: 50 thousand songs  (Read 1446 times)

Coz131

My library has 50,000 plus songs. My hard drive is full and I am.now transferring all my music onto a new 10 Terrorbyte hard drive.  My music contains lots of albums that are rare/uncommon of which i had to manually add artwork over the years.  What is the best way for me to have Music Bee read all my music from my new hard drive? I am assuming I need to wipe and start fresh by adding my music files from my new hard drive...Will Music Bee remember all the artwork that I have added or will I need to to do it myself again?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If the artwork is embedded in the files, MusicBee will find it.  But I suggest looking at the link that frankz posted and then using MusicBee to move the files to the new drive.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

theta_wave

Or copy all of your files to the new HDD, eject the old HDD, and set the new HDD to be the same drive letter under Window's computer management.  Musicbee appears to look to drive letters rather than an HDD's volume serial # when reading your collection.  Of course, before doing any of this, backup your Musicbee library.