Author Topic: Musicbee Chromecast Plugin  (Read 77361 times)

MangerzArt

okeyyy! after 3hours i finally solved the problem.  i was getting error like most of you guys.
error starting the web server
web server exception

tools (ALT +T )-> checkstatus  (i was checking on settings > tools like an idiot for 3 hours)
chromecast : connected
server status : not running

But when i run musicbee, as administrator. (just right click > run as admin )
 i can connect without problems.
Thanks for the plugin!

supermic59

(Sorry for my english, I'm french ;-)  )
Hello to all
Impossible to connect to an Nvida Shield (I only have "Musicbee" logo on my TV) ..
Even I run Musicbee as an admin .. It doesn't work !

PeteJ

Hi,
Can you connect musicbee to the shield via chromecast?
My musicbee has a 'Chromecast Button' in the top toolbar. When I click on that it shows 'Shield' as a device. When I click on 'Shield' I get 'Musicbee' displayed on my TV. When I start playing music in Musicbee all plays fine. My Musicbee output is set to Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)

supermic59

Hi,
My musicbee has a 'Chromecast Button' in the top toolbar. When I click on that it shows 'Shield' as a device. When I click on 'Shield' I get 'Musicbee' displayed on my TV. When I start playing music in Musicbee all plays fine. My Musicbee output is set to Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)
Thanks for your answer. For me it's the same as you, when I click on "Shield" , I get MusicBee message on my TV. But no sound from my Shield/TV when I play a song from Musicbee. And I still have "Error starting the webserver. Webserver exception". So I will try to change the output selection, thanks again ! 

PeteJ

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. For me it's the same as you, when I click on "Shield" , I get MusicBee message on my TV. But no sound from my Shield/TV when I play a song from Musicbee. And I still have "Error starting the webserver. Webserver exception". So I will try to change the output selection, thanks again !  
Also. if it is working, as well as hearing the playing track, the album art should show on your TV screen.
Is the webserver port for the addin set to 8080?
Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 08:11:14 AM by PeteJ

supermic59

Always the same .. I get the message "Musicbee" logo on my TV ..
First, I get "exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation", and then "error starting the web sever, webserver exception"
Port is set to 8080, firewall rules opened for plugin and musicbee app .. If some has an idea..  ;-)
Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 09:45:19 AM by supermic59

Pylgrim

So I have been enjoying this for a while, but I just moved homes and now the plugin finds no devices (even though I am attempting to reach exactly the same device as before). I Tried changing the port number in both sides but that didn't help. I am stumped as I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

EDIT: After rebooting my laptop, the plugin can now find the device but when I play music, it doesn't come out of anywhere, either my computer speakers or my chromecast speaker.
Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 08:45:55 AM by Pylgrim

Neeil2001

Guys, can someone please elaborate the steps in installing and using, especially in the 'Installation' part? I cant even do No. 3 in installation since i cant find the 2 .dll files from the extracted folder. Any help would be appreciated.

karbock

Hello Neeil2001 and welcome to the forum.

Within the extracted folder, the 2 .dll files are simply in subfolder MB_Chromecast\Plugin.

Direct link to the latest .ZIP (v. 2.0.0), just in case:
https://github.com/TroyFernandes/MusicBeeChromecast/releases/download/2.0.0/MB_Chromecast.zip

plasmakoala

Hello, I recently downloaded this plugin and after some troubleshooting I get the Musicbee title to appear on my TV screen as well as the title and other info of the song but the sound just comes out of my computer speakers. Any suggestions?

franharrington

I'm having the same issues that others have reported: Info shows on the device (title, artist, etc.) but no sound or album art.

phred

• Global Moderator
@franharrington, @plasmakoala...

The developer of this plugin hasn't been on the forum since February 2022, so you may be out of luck.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Havokdan

I would like to make a suggestion, move the topics in which the plugins are discontinued to their own folder.

Arpe

I installed this recently, I didn't think it was working and am not techie enough to troubleshoot, so i thought oh well, never mind.

I had set it up while a song was paused in Musicbee and when I hit play nothing would happen (though I think the generic "Musicbee" was showing on my TV). But then when that song stopped, and another started I had music coming out of my sound bar (into which my Cromecast is plugged)! Happy days! So it won't start playing until a track is STOPPED and a new one begins.

Though it can't play gapless, it's like it disconnects and reconnects between each song, so if I have my PC speakers on at the same time, they play the very start of the song 2 or 3 times before it starts playing on the soundbar.

siteunseen699

Are we just going to ignore that it requires a docterate in data technology to install this?

Can someone please make a friendly indian how-to youtube video.