Author Topic: Musicbee Chromecast Plugin  (Read 76539 times)

Lhark

I tried but I got the same result, I even tried doing it with the mb portable install. I just get the exception error and it always says the webserver isn't running.

Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 11:35:50 PM by Lhark

MusicMee

Thanks for a great plugin!

Curious to know the status of native MusicBee support for Chromecast? I would like to see a few things updated:
- The font size for the device list on the selection dialog is too big on my system
- I would like to see the display broken out as an isolated option (ie play on one speaker and display on another device, such as a TV)
- transcoding. This is a big one, as the plugin appears to send the audio in it's native bit/sample rate. My devices seem to choke on anything more than 24/48. So, I would like to see a lower bitrate option or see the stream bit/sample rate capped by default

I am considering taking TroyFernandes up on his offer and forking the build but if native support is on the horizon I would rather wait it out as I suspect my progress would be slow...

phred

• Global Moderator
Curious to know the status of native MusicBee support for Chromecast?
I don't speak for Steven, but typically the reason a plugin gets created by a third-party developer is that Steven doesn't have the time or desire to develop and support the feature. Therefore, I would say it's unlikely that native Chromecast support would become part of MB.

Steven may or may not chime in on this, but if he doesn't, I would take that as his answer.
Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 03:24:38 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
I started something that made quite a bit of progress but have no plans to continue. Happy to send the code if you want to look at it for ideas

MusicMee

I started something that made quite a bit of progress but have no plans to continue. Happy to send the code if you want to look at it for ideas

Hi Steven. That would be great! Thanks! It's been a busy week but I am hoping to spend some tinker time playing around this week/weekend.

Kevin

I formatted my laptop. I was getting exception error. I uninstalled and re-installed the plugin. Now MB connects to CCA. But, My DAC says Error and no sound output is there from my System.

Status in MB says connected and running.

Kevin

I can also see the streaming file in 192.168.1.X:8080 through my browser.. But My DAC says error.

CCA+DAC plays fine from my Phone.

MusicMee

I initially had an issue where I could see Chromecast devices and select them but couldn't stream to them. It turns out Windows defender wasn't properly configured. I needed to go to "Windows Defender Firewall" -> "Allowed Apps" and enable both Public and Private access to "MusicBee Chromecast"

Kevin

I initially had an issue where I could see Chromecast devices and select them but couldn't stream to them. It turns out Windows defender wasn't properly configured. I needed to go to "Windows Defender Firewall" -> "Allowed Apps" and enable both Public and Private access to "MusicBee Chromecast"

THANK YOU! My daily visit to the topic pays off!  :-* This totally solves my issue!

Lhark

Ok this still didn't work for me, now I wish I never reset my laptop because this is unbelievable. I've set every possible setting to public and private on both portable and web app and I keep getting exception has been thrown error no matter what I do and it's driving me crazy. I give up.

PeteJ

Hello I've got it working.
I had the issue previous people have had with details etc being displayed (In my case on a TV via a NVidia Shield) but no sound. All I did was in MusicBee on my laptop, change Output to Primary Sound Driver. Hey Presto, sound! Everything seems to working fine now!

Thanks to the developer for this!

Lhark

Ok this still didn't work for me, now I wish I never reset my laptop because this is unbelievable. I've set every possible setting to public and private on both portable and web app and I keep getting exception has been thrown error no matter what I do and it's driving me crazy. I give up.
UPDATE: Semi solved my problem now I get no audio and no album art.

atgr24869

• (hope) to be always in a warm place
I found it worked setting port 8081 through the included program (MBCCRules.exe 8081) and then setting both public and private through Windows firewall settings ... also MusicBee, on Chromecast HD with Google TV. If you have a webserver exception try changing the port, be sure that it reflects the plugin configuration in MusicBee, control again the firewall port if they match. The usage is first connecting to the device and then play. The cover display nicely, hope you solve. Thank for this plugin, I hope for the future it could stream also webradios.
Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 05:22:13 AM by atgr24869

Sekt0r

Thanks for this, I came across it the other day and just tried it, no issues with the setup, I chose Port 9091 (I recall having issues with another program that used 8080 as a default) but I did have to enable the Public option on the Firewall rule but otherwise all good.

Plays 24-bit and high bitrate files without issue with the limited play I've had so far (im casting to a Nvidia Shield which supports 24bit/192).
Don't expect anything but if I was going to make a request, support for some sort of visualizer (abstract/Spectrum/Other) would be amazing otherwise the current layout looks great for what it is, only other thing I'd say on the current features is support for a default album picture/background would be good for tracks without album art.