Author Topic: Request for CD ripping dialog / workflow improvements  (Read 1358 times)

Morbii

So, the CD ripping workflow could use a few very minor tweaks that would make using it so much easier (at least for me).

1. When editing a song title, allow for Tab (or Enter) to move to the next song title to edit.  Currently, Tab just moves the cursor to the first text box, and IIRC, Enter actually starts the rip.  This means I have to pick up my mouse to move to the next track every time.  As I type very fast, this is where I get bogged down (it's probably equivalent/faster to type most song titles than to have to maneuver my mouse between, sometimes even if they're really long - so you can imagine it taking around twice as long without a simple way to move to next).

2. When the Album Artist and the Artist fields all match, the Album Artist field is not applied to the audio file. This doesn't seem like that big of a deal considering MB helpfully shows you the artist name in both places regardless, but it means you can't do searches based only on Album Artist because those blank album artist fields are treated as empty fields when searching.  Perhaps this could be fixed in some other way, though.
Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 11:31:32 PM by Morbii

jakob_joergensen

• .: Peace, love and Miss Kitten :.
I second this, Morbii.
Especially the first request. It's really a tiresome hand and mouse job.

I don't know from where MusicBee gets the CD info to tag the ID of the MP3 file, but the database is missing out quite a lot of stuff.

Jake 

Steven

• Administrator
I don't know from where MusicBee gets the CD info to tag the ID of the MP3 file, but the database is missing out quite a lot of stuff.
Select Gracenote as a tag provider in the Tags(2) preferences. They do have limits on the number of users so it may or may not work.

Steven

• Administrator
So, the CD ripping workflow could use a few very minor tweaks that would make using it so much easier (at least for me).

1. When editing a song title, allow for Tab (or Enter) to move to the next song title to edit.  Currently, Tab just moves the cursor to the first text box, and IIRC, Enter actually starts the rip.  This means I have to pick up my mouse to move to the next track every time.  As I type very fast, this is where I get bogged down (it's probably equivalent/faster to type most song titles than to have to maneuver my mouse between, sometimes even if they're really long - so you can imagine it taking around twice as long without a simple way to move to next).
the next v3.5 update handles tab, shift-tab, up and down arrow keys in the cd ripper track list