Author Topic: How do I remove this border that is displayed when I click an album?  (Read 3097 times)

Teddy

Does anyone know or could you tell me how to remove or change color to white?  :'(

Teddy

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29815.0

I did not make it.  :'(
I'm not an advanced user. What measures would you take in the situation I described? want to just remove this black border that gets after i click on the album

hiccup

First of all, I don't think it is a good idea to make these borders invisible, since you then won't know what or if an album is currently selected.

But if you still want to do that:

First check if the skin you are using is an xml or an xmlc skin.
If it's xml, you will need to learn some skinning. (find the elements I mention below, and change their values)

If it's xmlc, create a new text file, paste the following text into it, replace 'OriginalSkin' with the name of the skin you are currently using and want altered, and save the text file with a name of your choosing giving it the xml extension.
So something like "NoBorderSkin.xml"

Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root dependsOn="OriginalSkin.xmlc">
 <element id="Content[Artwork].Body.Highlight" bg="255,255,255" />
 <element id="Content[Artwork].Body.Lowlight" bg="255,255,255" />
</root>

This will create clear white borders. If needed, read the link I gave you earlier for more clarification.
Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 09:42:36 AM by hiccup

Teddy

First of all, I don't think it is a good idea to make these borders invisible, since you then won't know what or if an album is currently selected.

If it's xml, you will need to learn some skinning. (find the elements I mention below, and change their values)

If it's xmlc, create a new text file, paste the following text into it, replace 'OriginalSkin' with the name of the skin you are currently using and want altered, and save the text file with a name of your choosing giving it the xml extension.

Code
</root>

This will create clear white borders. If needed, read the link I gave you earlier for more clarification.

Dude, I did it! I finallly!!!!!  ;D
Thank U  :P

Holbytla

Code
</root>

Thank you. Its been something that I wanted to do for a long time. Google Search is my friend. :)

hiccup

Holbytla

Tried something. Typing NO where you would type the different numbers for the color will just tell the application to show nothing. Seems easier than try to match the colors of the background.
Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 09:39:49 PM by Holbytla

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Tried something. Typing NO where you would type the different numbers for the color will just tell the application to show nothing. Seems easier than try to match the colors of the background.

It probably just doesn't display because it doesn't know what to do with "NO". But as long as it's not throwing an error I guess that works.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Holbytla

It probably just doesn't display because it doesn't know what to do with "NO". But as long as it's not throwing an error I guess that works.

I figured that was probably it.  :P

Holbytla

I figured that was probably it.  :P

If that is the case, wondering what the correct code is for this?

Edit - Quick check on google. #00000000 seems to work but is it for the same reason as "NO" ...

Edit - I really have no idea what I'm doing.  :P
Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 10:25:18 PM by Holbytla

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you want white, the code above is correct: 255,255,255 means max R, G, and B.
If you want black, go minimum: 0,0,0.

Any other color you might need to use a color picker tool. Just about any graphics program has one, even Paint. ShareX does, too.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Holbytla

If you want white, the code above is correct: 255,255,255 means max R, G, and B.
If you want black, go minimum: 0,0,0.

Any other color you might need to use a color picker tool. Just about any graphics program has one, even Paint. ShareX does, too.

Thanks! However I prefer for it to be transparent since I'm using an image for the background.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure if this element will accept it, but you can add a fourth number for transparency. Try 0,0,0,0.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to make a wishlist request. If it DOES work, you can adjust the transparency level by changing the first number. (I'm pretty sure it's the first, anyway.) 255 is completely opaque.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Holbytla

I'm not sure if this element will accept it, but you can add a fourth number for transparency. Try 0,0,0,0.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to make a wishlist request. If it DOES work, you can adjust the transparency level by changing the first number. (I'm pretty sure it's the first, anyway.) 255 is completely opaque.

Gave it a try and I'm pretty sure its like what I did. The same thing occurs where it shows for a split second highlighting in black when I click on an album.

At least it doesnt make the app crash or anything...  ;D