Author Topic: How to generate basic artwork from album title ?  (Read 2764 times)

Bifidusse

Hello,

For some albums, I don't have an artwork : compilations I've made, missing albums on Discogs or too lazy to find and scan the original one.

Sometimes I just create a basic 500x500 file with the album title in it.

But wait.... Is there a way Musicbee could do this automatically if no artwork is present ?

Thank you for any advice :-)

sveakul

You can change the fixed image MusicBee displays in cases of no album art being found for the file using a skin modification (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22889.0), but it's a one-size-fits-all solution, not a unique image per file.

Have you tried just using MusicBee's built-in Artwork Downloader for those files?  Tools/Artwork/Downloader.  Pretty fast and easy when a match is found.

phred

• Global Moderator
But wait.... Is there a way Musicbee could do this automatically if no artwork is present ?
If you're talking about artwork for self-made compilations, etc, then no, MB can't create artwork. But you can try the 'one-size-fits-all' approach that sveakul suggests. I happen to use this when no artwork can be found for a album...
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bifidusse

You can change the fixed image MusicBee displays in cases of no album art being found for the file using a skin modification (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22889.0), but it's a one-size-fits-all solution, not a unique image per file.

Have you tried just using MusicBee's built-in Artwork Downloader for those files?  Tools/Artwork/Downloader.  Pretty fast and easy when a match is found.

Nope, I didn't. I re-tag all the files with TagScanner and I search for covers at this time. So I assumed I couldn't have better results than intensive searchs with Discogs/MusicBrainz or a manual search with Google.

But thanks for the tip, I'll use this feature for fine tuning inside MB when I spot a missing cover ;-)

Bifidusse

If you're talking about artwork for self-made compilations, etc, then no, MB can't create artwork. But you can try the 'one-size-fits-all' approach that sveakul suggests. I happen to use this when no artwork can be found for a album...

Ahah, I like it, thank you  ;)