Author Topic: Pley'd  (Read 3204 times)

Clarence

Someone asked me if I could modify the Pleya skin to 'remove the bells and whistles'  (I know, right?  But what can you say?)

They wanted the same theme, buttons, etc., but in a 'normal player layout'   (I mean, what's normal nowadays?)

Anyway, I was happy to oblige and they tell me they love it.   (Don't you just love a happy ending?)

So I thought I'd share the result with you...

PLEY'D:

Download:

Pley'd - Orange

I hope you enjoy the skin  (sadly, no bells or whistles!)
Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:23:16 AM by Clarence

Coogan

Hey Clarence, I really like your skins.  
I'm using RivoPurple3 and it looks great.  Is there any way to add support for larger font on the bottom panel.
I'm using Segoe UI-28pt and as you can see from the image below, the time is cut off at the bottom and progress bar
travels through the middle of the text.

Thanks for these great skins!  They must have taken a long time to make.

My MusicBee Version:

Clarence

Hi Coogan thanks for the input.

The use of the graphics for design rather than flat colour backgrounds means that any stretching of the player distorts the image, so the short answer is no. With the Rivo skins for example, I tried to provide a range of sizes to fit most requirements as a 'sort of' way around it. Where possible I'm giving maximum space to the screen such as this skin (Pley'd) an the Pleya skins. Unfortunately that leaves very little space to shoehorn everything else in. A different graphics format that is more akin to scaling was, I thought, an option but the filesize of the skin becomes much too large.

Most people, it seems, want the smallest player footprint, so to make the player taller is unlikely to be popular.  When I have more time I might try a version with a much larger player and see what the response is.