Author Topic: Device Sync & cover artwork options change issue ?  (Read 2776 times)

whismerhill

hello
I did a device sync with several albums, worked very fine, all music is found inside the device
however I did a slight mistake in regard to cover artwork storage

so I went in musicbee again, plugged the device, changed this option :
https://prnt.sc/qeo2c2
e.g.
from "copy to the same folder as the music file"
to "copy to folder.jpg"
then validated my changes (save & close)
then synchronize again....

and .... none of the cover artwork was renamed or copied as "folder.jpg"
Not a huge issue but sounds to me like an oversight ?

any workaround ? or should that be patched ?, could also delete everything & resync if necessary but that seems a bit much for just covers ;)

Thank you for reading and best wishes for the festive season !

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, I think that's a known issue. You'll probably have to work around it until Steven can sort it out.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

whismerhill

Yeah, I think that's a known issue. You'll probably have to work around it until Steven can sort it out.
Alrighty, but is my only option to delete all songs & redo everything or is there another way that you'd know of ?
maybe I could delete all existing JPG on the phone would that work ?

or else I wonder hummmmm
I wonder if I could batch rename all JPG images....
problem is the MTP connection doesn't allow everything AFAIK

Steven

• Administrator
as currently implemented, artwork is only synched when the associated music files need to be synched

whismerhill

hummmm could I trick musicbee into thinking there's a slight change in music files or something ? (1 music file per album is all that's needed)

or maybe I should stop saving a few kb of storage space & just embed the artwork in music files after all...
will need to think it over....

whismerhill

and I just realized all my covers artworks are fugly ...  :'(
now let's redo it all again  ;D

This made me realize how practical it is to have your data on an SD card
(remove the SD card, insert into PC, with USB key if needed, then do whatever advanced file operation you need that you can't do directly over PTP protocol ...)
Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:11:26 PM by whismerhill

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you aware that MB can now sync via WiFi? There's a sticky thread about this in the Portable Devices section.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

whismerhill

Are you aware that MB can now sync via WiFi? There's a sticky thread about this in the Portable Devices section.

Thanks for the information, read a bit about it and it seems to work better than MTP over cable so great (if a bit weird)
however my current WIFI doesn't work too well at my desk so it's a bit unpractical for me at the moment, although that may change in the
somewhat near future (next 6 months ?)

Anyways, from what I understand this wouldn't change the way that data is synced, right ? e.g. it wouldn't update my artwork if there's no music sync to be done....

Also what would be great is if I could have some direct access to files through wifi I guess, therefore circumventing the limitations from MTP
and allowing me full access from within windows, that would then allow advanced file viewing/sorting/searching, renaming, replacing or whatever I want to do with them

which from what I understood is outside the scope of musicbee wifi sync...

In the end, I'm probably over-complicating things, deleting all the music then re-syncing just works.