Author Topic: $Len issues  (Read 1851 times)

tangotonyb

I use MusicBee Portable edition as I like to maintain my collection on multiple computers.

I created some Virtual Fields which worked fine on two of my computers, both running Win 7 x64 Pro, but I'm looking at my collection on a laptop running Win7 x64 Home Basic and the fields are all blank!

I've played around a bit with the Virtual fields and narrowed the issue down to the $Len function, which was never listed in the function selector in the template editor, but nevertheless works on my other 2 machines.

The windows version could be a red herring - the Home Basic laptop is also a new build.

Anyone any idea why $len isn't working?

Steven

• Administrator
it looks like the functionality for $Len() was not implemented in v3+
I will post an update later to include that

Steven

• Administrator

tangotonyb

Sorry didn't fix the problem - didn't have time to investigate why until now - my formula also used the $Add function, which also appears to have been removed :(

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
$Add is part of the Additional Tagging and Reporting tools plugin
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

tangotonyb

HMm - that WAS installed. My Portable copy is the same copy I use on my Main PC and I copied it file for file to the laptop yesterday.
ON the PC everything works, on the laptop I notice that I don't have the additional tagging tools options available in the menus.

i've installed a number of different builds on the laptop in the last hour - currently running 3.3.7310 and I just downloaded and installed the latest additional tagging tools plugin, but it doesn't appear to be recognised.

What am I doing wrong??

THanks!

tangotonyb

I looked in the plugin section in Preferences and it says the tagging plugin is disabled - I click enable and get error message - "Esception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

tangotonyb

OK interestingly, after clicking enable and getting the error, my functions are now working, however, the additional tagging tools menu options are not available, so I guess part of the plugin is operational!

boroda

close mb and delete file <mb appdata>\mb_tagtools.settings.xml