Author Topic: Last Added Auto Playlist (not Recently Added)  (Read 1170 times)

arielreyes001

Hello everyone,

Recently started using musicbee, coming from itunes and I aboslutely love it! THANK YOU! Looking fw to being a part of this community :D

I have seen plenty of poss regarding "Recently Added" playlists but I was hoping to find out if it's possible to create and auto playlist for Last added. Recently works nicely, for example, if i choose in the last 3 weeks. However, If I don't add anything for 3 weeks I'm assuming it will be blank, so I'm looking for something that will always generate, for exmaple, the last 50 tracks added. When I look at the rules for "Date added" I couldn't figure out a way.

Anyway have suggestions?

Thanks,

AR

Edit: Another question, I made several "Decade" based auto playlists. Is there a way for it to read "Original Date" tag? For example, I have some compilation albums for the Beatles so I would like those to show in their original decade instead of when the album was published.
Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 02:31:17 PM by arielreyes001

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Howdy!

For your auto playlist, rather than a rule on date added, see if you can do something like "limit to 50" based on "most recently added". I'm not 100% sure that's an option, but if not it might be a good wishlist request.

For the decade thing, you can do it by making a rule like "original date is between..." I have a whole set of playlists like that, myself.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

arielreyes001

Wow, that tip for "Last Added" was perfect. Thank you!

I before I noticed there was a "Decade" in the first dropdown under rules , I had started making one like that but then noticed the "decade" thing and it was much easier to not have to set up rules, but I can certainly do it like that as well. It's nice having that much control anyway.

Thanks again!

AR