Author Topic: Changing skin doesn't restart MusicBee properly  (Read 1977 times)

ilikecats

MusicBee 3.4.7792, Windows 10 Home (19041)

While changing the skin, the UI of MusicBee closes, but the process remains running in background and needs to be killed with the task manager before it can be re-opened. I updated to the latest stable but the issue persist.

thank you.

sveakul

Working fine here with MusicBee 3.4.7794 Portable.  View/Skins, choose new skin, MusicBee GUI shuts down for 2-3 seconds then re-opens with new skin.  What skins are you changing to/from?

ilikecats

It happens with any skin.

If it matters, I'm running from Program Files instead of portable.

sveakul

Did this not happen before but just start happening now?  Have you whitelisted all MusicBee folders in both Program Files and Users in any antivirus applications you are using?

ilikecats

I haven't changed my skin since sometime last year and it worked then, so I am not sure when this bug may have started to occur.

It happens when I run the application as admin (though that shouldn't be necessary anyways) and add C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\ as an exception in Windows Defender.

sveakul

You shouldn't normally run MB as an Administrator as it interferes with drag-n-drop operations.  In addition to the folder you added to the exceptions of Defender, there is also a MusicBee folder hierachy in User/(yourusername)/Appdata/Roaming/MusicBee that should be added as well.  Other than that, I don't know what the issue could be.  If it was an actual bug in the program, I and many others would be having the same problem.  Check the contents of your Skins folder and be sure the contents haven't been moved or had its permissions changed somehow.

Steven

• Administrator
If you have a large library and have either 'export to iTunes xml file' or are exporting a lot of auto-playlists to a static playlist then it can take a long time for MB to fully shut down.
You might try disabling either of those things if they are enabled, especially the iTunes export