Author Topic: Library not reorganising itself  (Read 1528 times)

dirtee

Hello!

Hopefully, this is a quick and easy fix, something I've missed.

I've recently changed laptop, reinstalled Musicbee, and put my music back on. I've been going through it organising stuff, but I'm changing an album, artist, or album artist name, and even though "Auto Organise" is ticked and on, it's not moving the file in my library.

So say I change "Christine and the Queens" to "Christine & The Queens", it should change the folder name in the library (that's what it used to do for me anyways..). It's not doing it anymore.

Any help?

Thanks!
Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 10:34:22 PM by dirtee

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can you post a screenshot of your auto-organize template?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

dirtee

Template

Does this help?
I haven't touched those settings as far as I know. I'm assuming they are on default (although obviously potentially not, considering this post!).
Maybe when I first chose my library, it did something...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's it, thanks.

It looks like the organization rule is for C: but your music is being organized on H:. So you'll either need a second rule for files on H: or you'll need to make the one consistent with the drive your music is on.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

dirtee

Is there an easy fix for that?
I've never tampered before with any of those rules, so the default rules should be fine for me. Is there a box I need to tick or how do I change it?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It should be an easy fix, but where are your music files actually stored?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

dirtee

My music files are on my external hard drive H. Only there.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Then all you need to do is change "on drive" to H: and it should be fixed
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

dirtee

Thank you Psychoadept!
Seems to be working now :)
You've helped me before as well, so thanks again!

dirtee

Ahhhh, I spoke too soon..

So I downloaded an album by an artist called Pluralone. I download onto my C drive. And then drag the albums into MusicBee, where they are directly put onto my H drive. But now when I change the artist Pluralone to Pluralono, nothing happens in the Library folder, it stays as Pluralone...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are the files actually on H:? The change would have stopped MusicBee from moving files to H: from C:
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

dirtee

Well, when I tried dragging folders on my C drive into MusicBee, they weren't moved to H. Correct.

But in my previous versions of MusicBee, I used to download to my C folder. Then drag into MusicBee, where they would be sorted to my external hard drive H, and then any changes I made to the files on MusicBee, would affect the library.

If I implement your change. The files are affected, but the new folders I dragged into MusicBee stayed on C, instead of going to H like I want.

Does this make sense?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, I'm saying that's expected based on the change you made. You either need a separate rule under "automatically sweep and organize new files" to move them to H:, or you need to duplicate your auto-organize rule and apply it to C: (the way it was before) so that files from C: will be moved to H:.

You can read more about how auto-organize templates work across different drives here: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/File_Organization
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

dirtee

Hmmm, so I've added a rule for C:\ to H:\ which now moves files when I drop folders into MusicBee, as well as the H:\ to H:\, which reorganises files when I make changes to them.
Everything seems to be in order.

I'm just left wondering why in my 4 years or so of MusicBee, I've had to do this manually now, whereas it's always done it naturally before...something with the reinstall and selecting a new library I assume..

Thank you Psychoadept, you've been most hopeful!