Author Topic: The same Musicbee on Android Devices !  (Read 2676 times)

fxd12

Hello,
I'm sorry, I don't speak English very well (I'm French) and I had this text translated with an online translator.
First of all, BRAVO !!! for this Musicbee program. He is absolutely awesome.
It offers functions that no one else offers.

I come to my question:
Why not also develop it on Android, because unlike what I read on the Forum, there is no application like that.
Indeed, for those who manage a large library of music which is local (Much more ecological than in the Cloud or my files will consume electricity on hundreds of disk arrays, Switches, Routers through which they pass each time ), and in order not to duplicate music files X times, no application on the phone, like Musicbee, allows you to search for music with multi-criteria using the Tag.
For example, if I search in my collection:
1) All Pop Rock genres, English language, from the 1980s
2) All French songs, from such music group, with a rating of 5 stars
3) Etc ...
No application on Android manages music lists based on several criteria at the same time.
The other Android applications only manage the genre, the artist, the name of the song, the folder, but never in combination.
Musicbee does it!
This feature allows you to store a song in your phone only once, and to make it appear in several lists with combined criteria, thanks to the Tag.
This Musibee application would therefore find a place on the Android market because nobody is doing it yet. And for my part, I'll even be OK for it to be paid.

boroda

short answer: porting mb to linux/macos/android/ios will require huge programming knowledge/efforts/time.

fxd12

Hello Boroda,
Yes, I am well aware of this, but today, the majority of listening to music is done via a smartphone.
And if the development is long and expensive, there could be a free light version, and a paid one (to get into the fees) with all the features of MusicBee, right?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee's wifi sync app works with GMMP and PowerAmp. I suggest you try one of those.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

fxd12

I already have Poweramp, but as I said in my examples, no application, without Musicbee on PC can not sort our music with multi criteria.

whoozwah

GoneMad Music Player is far and away the most customizable android music player and the one that seems to have the most amount of features that approach the power-user approach that Musicbee has. It's definitely the only real option on android imo if you want to tinker and make smart playlists and soforth.

SkyZippr

A workaround would be creating smart playlists by Musicbee using multiple/complex criteria, then syncing them to GMMP or Poweramp.
In my opinion it's rather painful to do it on smartphone screen, without physical keyboard and mouse.

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, I am well aware of this, but today, the majority of listening to music is done via a smartphone.
While this may be true, the majority of music management isn't. Perhaps on a tablet, but manipulating tag editing, etc on a normal size smartphone would be quite painful.
Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 02:34:12 PM by psychoadept
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

fxd12

Hello and happy new year !
Editing on a smartphone is actually not easy. The tags are good to do on a PC. But once done, it is on the smartphone that we need to use all these tags. And there, unfortunately, almost no software on smartphones can manage listening to music with multi-criteria on song tags.

jeestring

Blackplayer EX is the most customizable (like musicbee) for mobiles... or at least Android devices. You should check it out!

fxd12

I just tried the BlackPlayer application, but it does not have multi-criteria.
For example, try to search your music library, Pop genre, from the 80s, with 5 stars. Impossible with BlackPlayer.
Possible with BeeMusic, but ... on PC only.