Author Topic: ForumB (Dark & Light)  (Read 15338 times)

mcool

IMHO, a middle click over the play button could be an easier way to stop the track.

Middle click could be more used in MusicBee. I'd like to have it in A-Z jumpbar for multi-character searches instead of the current way which is related to an expiration time

Clarence

@mcool...
'Horses for Courses' as we say locally, but that option isn't currently available....don't shoot the skinner!

Also, bear in mind that not everyone uses a mouse or track-pad...not sure how you can middle click on a touch screen, for example, or on a bog-standard keyboard.

mcool

:) Oh yes, it's a general thought, maybe off-topic. It isn't a request to the skinner

wealstarr

Hi, great skin. Thank you for the amazing work  :-*

I'm having a little issue (screenshot attached below)

You see a dark band right above the track information panel ?

Is it possible to get rid of this ?

Also, this bug is consistent with all your skins.

Thanks again.

Clarence

Hi wealstarr

You see a dark band right above the track information panel ?

Is it possible to get rid of this ?

Also, this bug is consistent with all your skins.

This isn't a 'bug' with this or any of my skins. It's a feature of MusicBee that you will find showing up in any skin where the element 'HeaderBar' is set to a contrasting colour from the main panel. (The HeaderBar is the section along which the horizontal A-Z Bar, Section Titles, etc are shown.) When you select 'Hide Header Menu' for a panel, as you have done in your screenshot, it is only the text display that is hidden and the header background remains. As this element draws it's format from the HeaderBar element, that colour remains.  In the case of ForumB, the HeaderBar colour is set to RGB 40,40,40 (Hex #282828) and this is the colour that is showing on your identified bar in the screenshot.

This is the same for older skins and an ideal one to see this is on 'Absolute Zero' which uses shades of lighter blue but it's equally visible on newer skins such as Alumni's Redstone Dark or diego's excellent 'Fluenx Dark'.

In answer to the question, "Is it possible to get rid of this ?". Yes. But only if you change the colour of the HeaderBar but this would mean that there would be no demarcation of the header section and the panel, just like having a screen of one single colour. Most skinners will have used the colour separation for an aesthetic reason. However, if you want to try it you could always write a simple xml file which states it depends on the original skin, and then set the HeaderBar colour to the same as the main panel. That should work on any skin, whether in straight xml format or compiled into xmlc format.

wealstarr

Hi wealstarr

This isn't a 'bug' with this or any of my skins. It's a feature of MusicBee that you will find showing up in any skin where the element 'HeaderBar' is set to a contrasting colour from the main panel. (The HeaderBar is the section along which the horizontal A-Z Bar, Section Titles, etc are shown.) When you select 'Hide Header Menu' for a panel, as you have done in your screenshot, it is only the text display that is hidden and the header background remains. As this element draws it's format from the HeaderBar element, that colour remains.  In the case of ForumB, the HeaderBar colour is set to RGB 40,40,40 (Hex #282828) and this is the colour that is showing on your identified bar in the screenshot.

This is the same for older skins and an ideal one to see this is on 'Absolute Zero' which uses shades of lighter blue but it's equally visible on newer skins such as Alumni's Redstone Dark or diego's excellent 'Fluenx Dark'.

In answer to the question, "Is it possible to get rid of this ?". Yes. But only if you change the colour of the HeaderBar but this would mean that there would be no demarcation of the header section and the panel, just like having a screen of one single colour. Most skinners will have used the colour separation for an aesthetic reason. However, if you want to try it you could always write a simple xml file which states it depends on the original skin, and then set the HeaderBar colour to the same as the main panel. That should work on any skin, whether in straight xml format or compiled into xmlc format.

Okay thank you for the explanation, I understand. Actually it won't show in some skins so I thought it might be a bug now I've understood those skins use the same colour property for both headerbar and panel.

It's an xmlc skin so I can't edit it, and I don't know hwo to write xml. Can you help me with this ? If it's possible.

It's perfectly fine if it ain't. Thanks again for the skin.

Clarence

@wealstarr...

Personally I'm not a fan of piggy-backed skins.  They can get a bit messy, so as a one-off, here's a modified version of the skin.

ForumB_Dark_Modified

Hope it does what you wanted.

wealstarr

@wealstarr...

Personally I'm not a fan of piggy-backed skins.  They can get a bit messy, so as a one-off, here's a modified version of the skin.

ForumB_Dark_Modified

Hope it does what you wanted.

Thank you from the core of my heart Clarence. It works!

This is the only minimal, flat skin in your collection, I hope you'll create more skins like this.

Thank you and God bless.

cquinn

new to Musicbee and have tried dozens of skins but really like yours the best. thank you for making it.  Question - can scrollbars be activated somehow.?  I can't navigate my collection using a scroll wheel.  its a pain.  I notice this skin is compiled or I would attempt to edit it myself.  one other comment - when dragging and dropping a track to the Playing Tracks pane there is a very faint line telling you where it's going to be placed.  can the color be changed to the same orange as the other highlights?  It would make it so much easier to see where I'm placing tracks.  Thanks again for the work you put into making this skin.  From what I can tell it's not the easiest thing in the world to do.   :)