Author Topic: Playlist fiasco  (Read 2522 times)

millturn

Why does my playlist for Classical music get albums from another playlist like Blues? one day it's all Classical then the next it has albums from other playlists and why do some of the albums show up two and three times in the same playlist? also why wont albums I send to a playlist not show up in that playlist or take on the name of another album?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You're going to have to provide a lot more details for us to be able to help. Can you give a specific example? What are the playlist rules?
Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 09:30:42 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

millturn

Where do I find playlist rules? I made a playlist for each genre then hit add to playlist to send the  album of a certain genre to the correct playlist. I also found out ripped cd's are going to the wrong hard drive, can you tell me how to change that?
Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 07:47:11 PM by millturn

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
For CD ripping, see this page: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Ripping

If you're seeing multiple copies of a file in a playlist, you might need to make sure "warn when duplicate tracks are added to a playlist" is checked: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/General_Preferences

You might want to look at this page, too: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Playlists. Are your genre playlists auto-playlists or static playlists?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

millturn

They are ripping fine, I went over that page but it doesn't help. Also I have notify when duplicate tracks are added and i have static playlists. It duplicates albums on its own and moves albums from one playlist to another.

phred

• Global Moderator
It duplicates albums on its own and moves albums from one playlist to another.
That's pretty much impossible. You must've changed something, or set up something, that is causing this to happen.

As psychoadept requested, please post a screen shot of your playlist settings. Also post a screenshoot of your CD Ripping settings
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

millturn

here is a shot of ripping settings, i don't know how to get playlist settings https://imgur.com/v7J4vID
Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 04:30:26 PM by millturn

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
On the CD ripping, you say they're going to another drive?  Which drive are your library files on? (The .mbl file and such, not your audio files.) Your CD ripping folder should be on the same drive. Also, I see they're going to your library. Do you have auto-organize turned on in Library Preferences?

For playlists, look at the wiki page for help.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

millturn

Thanx but I give up, apparently I am asking too much. All I want is to put cd's on my computer and listen while I work. I didn't want something that I have to have a degree in computer science for. Thanx again.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sure. From what you're telling us, though, I strongly suspect something is happening outside of MusicBee that's contributing to the problems. You might look into that further.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)