Author Topic: Musicbee syncs songs already on Clip+  (Read 12887 times)

9cupsoftea

I have a playlist which I sync with my clip+ memory card (using the path Sansa Clip+ 4GB\External uSD Card\Music\) but whenever I reconnect the device with only a few changes to the playlist, after it detects which albums I've removed, it continues to copy every song on the playlist to the clip again, including those that are already on the card.

The settings I have  are 'detect mtp',  'automatically sync', 'do not copy artwork' and 'delete tracks that are not on the auto-sync list'.

Steven

• Administrator
are you only synching this one playlist?
if nothing changes at all, and you do another sync do the files get re-copied across?
and lastly if you go to windows explorer and look at files on the device are you able to see file creation and/or modification times (you might need to configure windows explorer to show the column)

9cupsoftea

Yes I'm only syncing this one playlist.

I've just synced the playlist, taken the clip out, waited for it to refresh, plugged it in again and the same result (without modifying the playlist at all). It copies all of the albums to the clip again. I can check the last dates modified for most of the files, and randomly selecting a bunch from the playlist the last modified dates are all from a while ago. I've not changed tags or anything between syncs.
Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:34:32 AM by 9cupsoftea

Steven

• Administrator
then it sounds like for whatever reason MB isnt able to update the file modification time on the device files. Someone else also reported problems with a device resynching all files (I cant remember if it was a Clip+), but in his case the file modification times were blank. So i put in special handling for that. I need to think about how to tackle this
Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:47:11 AM by Steven

9cupsoftea

Sorry I misunderstood you, I thought you meant the last modified dates for files on my hard drive. The last modifed dates for the device files however are all for a while ago too. The random few I selected showed the last modified date as 30/05/2005 23:00.

In case it's of any help, I checked the dates for these same files on my hard drive and they were a lot more recent, so I guess MB is modifying the dates still, just incorrectly.
Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 11:07:54 AM by 9cupsoftea

Steven

• Administrator
to confirm MB is setting the file modification date incorrectly could you delete one of the files from the device. When its synched again can you what the modification date is and also the creation date, and what the equivalent dates are on the source file

9cupsoftea

Ok. This is from a sync I've just done.

On the clip:

Date modified: 30/05/2005
No created date.

On my hard drive:

Date modified: 18/03/2011
Created: 16/03/2011

Steven

• Administrator
could you try one more thing. If you copy a file using windows explorer, do the dates look normal?

i'll probably have to give you a debug version to resolve this

9cupsoftea

I get the exact same results when copying using windows explorer. The modifed date is 30/05/2005 11pm, with no creation date on my device. Both different values to the files properties on my hard drive. I'm not sure why that is, my clip date/time settings are correct.

Steven

• Administrator
it seems its a bug on the device. Perhaps try the sansa forums or see if there is a firmware update

9cupsoftea

The firmware is the latest. The device syncs ok with mediamonkey and WMP. I'll mess around with some of the settings I guess. Format it and try a different computer.

Could you tell me what's supposed to happen with the modified and created dates if the device is syncing correctly?

Steven

• Administrator
the modification date should be set to the same as the source file, file creation date of blank is ok

9cupsoftea

Putting the clip into MSC mode solved the problem for me. Thanks.

LeMirque

Hi, i am experiencing the same issue with my Philips GoGear Muse in MTP mode. I don't want to switch to MSC because i can't sync playlists then, so a solution would be great.
(However, I suppose it's an issue with the device, not with MusicBee...)

Iasc

solution =http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?p=619183&mode=linear#post619183
Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:50:51 PM by iasc82